PDA

View Full Version : Toaster 1 on Win2000 Problem

Nik Baker
06-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi Toasters,

I've had a hell of a week after 3 good years of eediting on my Toaster 1 setup, my system collapsed, nuking my mother board (Pent III/650Mhz/NT4) in the process.

Having upgraded my system to:
Pentium 4
2.4Ghz
MSI Motherboard
nVidia AGP 128Mb
1Gb DDR
20 Gb IDE drive formatted in 2 partitions, both NTFS
150 GB Medea RAID
Adaptec 160Ultra Wide

In fact all that is really new is the Motherboard, CPU, RAM and AGP. The rest is the gear from my last system.

So I upgraded to Windows 2000 and tried using a CD install of VT2 (3480i)- it failed miserably with this:

'Microsoft Visual C++ Library error
Runtime Error!
Program: d:\VideoToaster2\T[2].exe
abnormal program termination'

Is this due to not having upgraded the boards to T2 as well??

So, as the work load is now backing up, I thought I'd go back to VT1 with patches in place to 1.04, but now I get :

'error
The video toaster board was not found, this could be because the device driver failed to load'

So I now have a slick PC running wWin2000 and now way of getting VT1 or 2 going.

PLEASE HELP someone, please!

Kind regards

Nik Baker
([email protected])

Paul Lara
06-08-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Nik Baker
Is this due to not having upgraded the boards to T2 as well??

Actually, no.
Video Toaster 1.0 to [2] is a software-only upgrade, and on the first launch of VT [2], it will update the core on your card.

You need to remember to update Win2k to Service Pack 3.

Also, don't forget that there are update patches available here (http://www.newtek.com/products/videotoaster/downloads/) for Video Toaster 1.0

Nik Baker
06-08-2003, 02:03 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid, but pleae humour me.

I have upgraded Win2K to Serv Pack 3 and have DirectX9.0.

I have installed the cards, but my old VT1 software will not work, even with the core 1.05 update. So I do not have the 1.03 + 1.04 patches on the system. I assumed I could just load the VT2 CDs and ignore the VT1 software altogether.

I am trying to install VT2 version 3480i from CD.
Is this really all I need?

Assuming my system is in theory up to spec. then what else will I need other than VT2 3480i CD's and my VT1 Boards??

Nik

Faraz
06-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Nothing Extra. You un-install VT1, install VT2, these days VT3.... :)