PDA

View Full Version : Modeler9 Perspective Viewport problem

PepeladZ
09-05-2006, 03:34 PM
hello!
When working in Perspective view FOV gets changed or something like that... can be fixed only by restarting program. Noted on several computers with different video cards, so this is not driver issue or something.

P.S. and get us (game developers) normal maps and such things in OGL viewports in the next update :)

iconoclasty
09-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Can you use the view all command (a)? This will reset the fov for everything visible.

toby
09-06-2006, 03:14 PM
It sounds like you're zooming in too far. The 'a' (zoom all) or shift-A ( zoom Selected) commands will do it. You can also open the display options 'd', and set the perspective amount if that's the problem.

Another easy way to reset things is to go to an empty layer and press 'a'.

PepeladZ
09-11-2006, 03:31 PM
2 toby: There is no such problem in LW like "zooming in too far" - it is happens with models of any size.

2 iconoclasty: "view all" does not reset fov - it never did so. all it does it calculates bounding box of visible geometry and tryes to fit it to screen size also changing point the viewport rotates around.

all in all - it is a bug and i still can't figure out what command makes it to show up :(

MiniFireDragon
09-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Have you tried re-adjusting the FOV slider in the Options Panel?

EDIT:
It's called perspective amount actually

iconoclasty
09-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Sorry, it sounded like a bounding box threshhold problem which is a constant occurance. My apologies.

PepeladZ
11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Have you tried re-adjusting the FOV slider in the Options Panel?

EDIT:
It's called perspective amount actually

Yes, I tried, but it does not help. :(

donny
11-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Try just deleting the Modeler config files. Also there are some settings in the display options for Simple Wireframe Ediges and Points. Try turning these on since it does with some redraw issues for opengl. Also what OS are you running and what display cards did you get to test this on? Does it happen with any object or is it just a couple of files? I did notice that you post with models of different sizes however was not sure if you were just changin the scale of one object.