PDA

View Full Version : How difficut is to add a restore window button to the scene editor?

saiki
09-05-2006, 11:00 AM
How difficut is to add a restore window button to the scene editor?

I been asking myself since version 8 why newtek dont place a restore button to the scene editor window and why it can be resized from any corner or any side instead of only from the right bottom corner like mac style. a lot of friends have problems with it and ask me how to fix that but i cant give them a quick solution, just to adjust the screen resolution to find the resize corner, and every body told me how absurd this is.

So one of my desires of my wish list for the next LW9 update is to have the options i mentioned before in the scene editor and others like:

Node based skelegon Tree editor to drag and drop weight maps to their respective skelegon.

A integrated Character picker one of my favorite's tools

A Load object Layer from name instead of number, or both

A resolution envelope for the camera to switch from ntsc to other resolution in the same scene ( may be sound weird but it will be very very usefull for me)

If not, a option to render more than one camera at a time from the same scene or switch between those from the render globals panel.

And for last a integrated scene's batch render in the render globals in order to not to use the screamernet. ( i been a dedicated user of screamernet for years but i will not setup any of my friends nodes anymore)

I hope someone of the newtek team take care of this.

lardbros
09-05-2006, 11:08 AM
I second this. Also how tricky is it to make the window resizable from ANY edge? I want Newtek to have every wondow resizable from every edge rather than the Scene Editor which just allows the bottom right corner to be the handle... seems odd!

DaledeSilva
09-06-2006, 12:18 AM
It seems strange that Lightwave 9's apparent focus has been on reworking the code and consolidating it so that it works together and is programmed in a more streamlined fashion - I would assume this means in a more modular fashion...

however, it seems that still, windows all behave differently... I would have expected them to address this early on... using hte same code module to tell each window how to behave.

The same strange contradiction to Lightwave 9's focus seems to be present in many other aspects.

priimate
09-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I definately agree with the scene editor issue! I would also love to see improvement to the skelegon tree - the way it locks out the rest of the interface when active is counter-intuitive and a real pain in the butt - It would be good if you could use it to select individual skelegons, in the same way that polygon stats lets you select surfaces/parts etc., to make it easier to identify skelegons in massive rigs. You could then do away with the rename skelegon tool.

Bog
09-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Am I going mad, or would F5 (Last Used Plugin) evoke this?