PDA

View Full Version : Small interface change helpful

prospector
09-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Just a teeny tiny request....

Change the lower left buttons (HPB...XYZ) to match the colors in viewpanels.

Yes yes the letters are now untill they are selected...then they go white with black letters and it makes it impossable to see where they refer to.

Unselected are OK but maby when they are selected then the colors reverse?

So unselected H in rotation is Red and bluiegray button
Selected is Black letter and reddish button??

Small but most helpful request.....:thumbsup:

tischbein3
09-05-2006, 09:38 AM
So unselected H in rotation is Red and bluiegray button
Selected is Black letter and reddish button??

Small but most helpful request.....:thumbsup:

I would strongly prefer the chars itself will become the color,
and not the button.

I'm very picky on not having too much reddish color on the border of my screen:
Its a non-doer for ergonomic workspace:
red on the outher field of view will constantly distract / makes your eyes a lot faster tired.

shrox
09-05-2006, 09:39 AM
...I'm very picky on not having too much reddish color on the border of my screen:
Its a non-doer for ergonomic workspace:
red on the outher field of view will constantly distract / makes your eyes a lot faster tired.

You mean like 3D Max does?

tischbein3
09-05-2006, 09:44 AM
You mean like 3D Max does?

Don't know.... don't use it...

maybe for THAT reason :D

shrox
09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
In Max, the border turns red when you set it to do any key animation. It is distracting.

T-Light
09-05-2006, 11:58 AM
I suppose if the border goes red then that's horrible, it's probably supposed to help you by giving information in your periphery vision . Yuk.

I'm with Prospector all the way here. :thumbsup:
If the standard rgb colours would be too much, then maybe they can give us a toned down version, we do need something there, we've been running a bit blind on this for some time.

prospector
09-05-2006, 12:19 PM
In Max, the border turns red when you set it to do any key animation. It is distracting.

LW does that when ya go into bone edit mode. Maby they can turn the Alpha way down so it's just tinted and not a glaring red.

As to buttons...I only went by the colors used in the handles. they can be changed if necessary, but this is LW and I don't like much changed so maby they can do a tinted ever-so-slightly button to match the colors....

prospector
09-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I would strongly prefer the chars itself will become the color,
and not the button.

The color is there already, but is lost when button is activated and becomes white..so rather than do all sorts of fancy stuff, I figured that just changing the active color would be easiest.
even if it's 'ONLY' tinted to match the handle colors.

tischbein3
09-05-2006, 01:12 PM

Arrgh... (not to mention that this its quite unintuitive: Does this mean its a bad / dangerous thing to do keyframe animation ?)

I've just tried played a bit with the colors.
(first is the original for comparison)

The last one was just a shortcut idea at the end, honestly I do think its a bit to small and therefore not very productive,...
I do like the second best, although to a certain grade, I could also accept something like the forth... (maybe even more desaturated.....)

prospector
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I like the 4th best

color is eye catching and not too overpowering

cresshead
09-05-2006, 02:13 PM
max only 'goes red' when you are using autokey animation otherwisde you can rh click to key on the timeline or you can push the key button in the u.i or the shortcut key on the keyboard...

cresshead
09-05-2006, 02:22 PM
here's a screengrab :thumbsup:

Snosrap
09-05-2006, 02:52 PM
here's a screengrab :thumbsup:

WOW! LW is down right gorgeous compared to this!

Snos

kmaas
09-06-2006, 05:56 AM
WOW! LW is down right gorgeous compared to this!

Snos

No kidding! That looks hideous!