PDA

View Full Version : why no bodypaint?

borkus
09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
was exploring the net and came across a program called "nendo". wasn't all that impressed with it until i came across a feature that i haven't seen yet. it lets you paint in real time on your 3d figure. no uvunwrapping or such. thought this would speed things up immensely in lightwave versions to come. and would also be the first to offer as far as i've been able to find. maybe have to suggest to newtek. anyoneelse think so? :ohmy:

loki74
09-04-2006, 05:31 PM
cant zBrush do that?

borkus
09-04-2006, 05:37 PM
thought zbrush only did displacement? may have missed something. haven't fully explored them yet. found too many other plugins i want first

borkus
09-04-2006, 09:13 PM
what i meant was color paint. tedious to do in uv.

borkus
09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
sorry. zbrush does do that. something new to buy. need to research more before i post

jm.khayat
09-05-2006, 01:02 AM
New Modo 202 does this in a very handy way.
Full 30 days tryout on their site.

Zbrush can also do it but for now the process is kinda tedious. 2.5 is on the way :thumbsup:

jm

KillMe
09-05-2006, 04:40 AM
modo 202 isn't very good at painting over uv seems though

T-Light
09-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Body Paint
Deep Paint
Painter 3D
Hexagon
ZBrush
Modo
Rhinoseros
Silo
Tattoo (old but being updated I believe)
PyTablet for Blender 3D (not sure how advanced)

We also have a painting plugin for LW but it's old and used to crash my machines :(

There's also more painters available over on flay.

Have I missed the point of the post?

[Edit] If what your after is painting / displacement mapping within layout and modeler then I'm with you all the way. I was bleating on about it a while ago for a 9.x update, never had any official response. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have one in the none too distant future or someone from say DStorm writes a plugin in the meantime.

jm.khayat
09-05-2006, 09:07 AM
modo 202 isn't very good at painting over uv seems though

well, with their UV drag and drop creation, the process of creating UVs and painting textures from photo reference was a real pleasure.

I don't have loads of experience of other pro 3D painters though.

jm

T-Light
09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Me -

or someone from say DStorm writes a plugin in the meantime
Let me rephrase that, if someone from anywhere would write a plugin to allow 3D painting in modeller or Layout I'll put a plaque on my wall in their honour. :thumbsup: