PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any WaterPool examples?

lardbros
09-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey everyone. I have been wondering ever since LW9 arrived, and also during the beta, if anyone has an example of using the Waterpool plugin?

I had a go during the beta and it seemed tough to get working, so has anyone come up with some lovely results? It would be cool to see what people have done!

UnCommonGrafx
09-03-2006, 04:43 PM
It ain't the best example but here's one:
http://uncommongrafx.com/examples/HVDeform.zip

I haven't looked at the [9] cds but surely there is an exemplary example there. (Talking to myself more than you, Lardbros.)

Lottmedia
09-03-2006, 05:45 PM
So, here I am feeling dumb, but......

What is waterpool? I've looked around and found very little (got the tuflittleunit docs but still not really sure what it does..) and I assume that the name has changed in 9 but not sure what to.

PS, uncommon, your scene uses a lot of special plugins that not everyone has, maby think of that next time. I'm not sure if I'm seeing the right thing because of the plugins not being there.

Casey :cat:
(um....hi?)

UnCommonGrafx
09-03-2006, 05:52 PM
What might those be?

You're the first to tell me that. Obviously, I've no idea what others may or may not have. And to be honest, I've no idea what is non-standard in that scene as I wouldn't get such errors.

Clarify for me. Thanks.

palpal
09-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Do you meen a fountain or water... well here is something you might want to look into anyway... http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/syvertsen/1.html (on page 3) it is just a water surface I made in the past, use ripple displace instead and you will get like a fountain... for the particles to be fountain I do not really have a preset... if that is what your after!

Yours PAL :beerchug:

T-Light
09-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Lottmedia-

I assume that the name has changed in 9 but not sure what to
I think it's HVdeform, tried it the other week, it seemed a bit erratic then crashed LW. (It may have been me using it incorrectly, the old waterpool docs don't relate directly to the new interfaces.

Intuition
09-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I haven't even tried it yet. I noticed it not in my volumetrics panel.

Must need to load the .p file first.

Sekhar
09-04-2006, 10:19 AM
It's HvDeform/HvDeformSurface under deform displacement pulldown. Uncommon's example above shows how you can set these up - his scene asks for a bunch of plugins on load, but you could just ignore them.

lardbros
09-04-2006, 12:11 PM
It ain't the best example but here's one:
http://uncommongrafx.com/examples/HVDeform.zip

I haven't looked at the [9] cds but surely there is an exemplary example there. (Talking to myself more than you, Lardbros.)

Good example actually. Haven't seen it animated but it looks as good as LW fluid gets. Thanks for that.

Oh, i didn't realise it had been renamed to HVDeform, sorry for the confusion everyone. It does seem rather buggy to be quite honest, i had only a very quick play in the beta and it didn't like doing what i was telling it to. :confused:

UnCommonGrafx
09-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Could SOMEONE tell me what plugs it's looking for?!?

IFW stuff or what???

Perplexed in Indy.

lardbros
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM

IFW stuff or what???

Perplexed in Indy.

Sorry... yes, just the IFW stuff! It's no problem, the scene works fine, i guess it just doesn't look the same when it's rendered! :D

GregMalick
09-04-2006, 02:19 PM

IFW stuff or what???

Perplexed in Indy.
Great looking HV's. But the render time! YEEEKS!!!
The last frame took 37minutes. :foreheads
You must be rendering this on a KRAY over there in Indiana!

But I can imaging how this would look in motion.
Probably very cool!
Thanks for sharing the scene so we can pick it apart.

p.s. I have IFW so there was no problem loading the scene. Although I'm sure it could have been loaded without having those shaders.

gerry_g
09-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I have all the IFW stuff installed in LW9 but on my Mac it just bombs at load, I presume this is the point at which it asks for the plugs

Mr Rid
04-21-2007, 04:34 AM
I can find no mention of the HvDeform plugin in the online docs- nothing under the explanations of the Displacement plugins. So am completely lost as to how to setup the Groups and Rules (?).

jeremyhardin
04-22-2007, 11:56 AM
The best docs I've seen are the Tuff Little Unit docs from when waterpool was a 3rd party plugin...
http://www.tufflittleunit.com/products/waterpool/Waterpool1.0_Doc.pdf

Mr Rid
06-28-2007, 02:19 AM
After spending 6 hours with this, I see that essentially it does not work, at least not for any practical purpose that I can conceive of. Always awkward results, non-intuitive, and initially requires specific velocity settings that I dont want overriding. Might be useful if it were developed to a logical conclusion.