PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 registration

jbcaro
09-03-2006, 12:25 PM
I just got my LW9 CD's and enclosed was a notice stating that the serial number that is on the LW9 case is invalid. It says to use register with the 10-digit LightWave-code that is on the Vue5 CD.

Well the only thing that is on the Vue5 CD case is a pre-serial number which is much longer than 10-digits. Its form is:

PRE-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXX-INF

The only other this it says on the CD case is to get your final serial number, register on e-onsoftware.com.

The only 10-digit number that came with my LW8 / Vue5 package (free upgrade to LW9) was the serial number for LW8.

What's the deal with this? Anyone else have this issue? :thumbsdow

jbcaro

flhr2cam88
09-03-2006, 02:57 PM
On the CD case there should also have been a 10 digit number - make a note of it. Then go to this site: http://register.newtek.com

Follow the steps to login. Once logged in I clicked on the banner that said "Lightwave v9 now available. Click here for more information" Thereafter enter the 10 digit serial code (as I mentioned above) - voila! (Make sure you know you know your dongle numbers) and by return you get your serial number.

jbcaro
09-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Well there is only one label on the CD case and there is not a 10-digit number on it. Never thought about it because at the time (Aug '05) I did not have LW9 to register. Looks like I will have to call Newtek Customer Service later in the week to get this resolved.

jbcaro

fyborg_1138
09-04-2006, 08:21 PM
I have the same issue. I bought the LW8.5 w/Vue5 in December 05 with a free upgrade to V9. I downloaded the upgrade in July and finally found the time to install it Saturday, thinking I would spend some quality time with V9 over the long weekend. The sticker on the Vue5 CD case has the pre-serial number, but not the 10-digit code for the V9 upgrade. I emailed customer service yesterday, but since it is Labor Day Weekend, I don't expect a response until later this week. Anyway, ITS took down our network over the weekend, so I can't check my email until tomorrow anyway. Arrrgh... Discovery Mode. So that's what it looks like.

androidmaker
09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
my vue cd has two stickers that have a bar code and a s/n: under them. one one the front and one on the back of the case. it also has the pre serial number on one side.

avkills
09-05-2006, 03:36 AM
Go to the customer care button at the top of the site and click on the registration tab and log in, then click on my products and the 10 digit serial number should be listed along with some other stuff. You should also see your v8 serial listed as well.

Now I just bought the electronic upgrade, so it may be different if you received CDs, but I doubt it.

-mark

avkills
09-05-2006, 03:41 AM
I'd just use the new auto register app in the programs folder. Try that and see if it works (net access is required I believe).

-mark

fyborg_1138
09-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Cha-cha Bingo!

I went to the registration site and clicked on 'my products' and there was the license key looking back at me. I plugged it in and no more discovery mode.

Thanks Mark.

OT... Unfortunately, the sun is rising in the east and I have to go to work and can't sit and play with it now. ITS has our network and web sites up and running again. I see that they had to load the backup files so our web sites are now a few days out of date. I'll have to fix that this morning. I wonder what happened. It would not be the first time we experienced a DDOS attack.