PDA

View Full Version : Displacement lscript

Lottmedia
09-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Been thinking about displacement painting lately and the various methods of doing it native in LW. Is there a lscript or can someone make one that would just shift the normals by a specific ammount. That way you could make a copy of an object and subdivide the heck out of it. Then make a morph and run that script so you could use the airbrush to "paint" onto it. Theoretically I don't think the script should be too hard to do. Anyone have any ideas?

Casey :cat:
(sure, it sounds easy from here.....)

Titus
09-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I've been interested in hairspray. This commercial utility spray curves over a surface to be used by sasquatch, this program has a problem in the perspective window and has an annoying workaround due to (as I understand) the LW SDK.

My point is, I think it is possible to make such a tool as you're describing (this is very similiar to Maya artisan tool) but it will be really hard to make it functional.

RedBull
09-03-2006, 02:43 PM
DFSculpt?

Lottmedia
09-03-2006, 03:58 PM
DFSculpt?

Ummmm.....Quite possibly the most oblique post ever? Maby a little more info?

PS, just to be sure flay and google have no idea what you're talkign about either :)

Casey :cat:
(yeah....ummm....OK?)

NanoGator
09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Why not use Smooth Scale?

cresshead
09-03-2006, 07:12 PM
df sculpt is on spinquad forums..it's a BASIC poly brushtool...sorta
not really production worthy as yet from what i have seen but it could do well in the nr future

Lottmedia
09-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Any links or something, cause searching the forums dosen't find anything

Casey :cat

NanoGator
09-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Make an Endomorph of your mesh. Run Smooth Scale on it. (.3 meters, maybe? Depends on the scale...) Then go back to the base mesh. You can spray paint the morph towards the smooth scaled version.

ShawnStovall
09-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Do you mean this?: