PDA

View Full Version : yeah baby! talk to the camera!

mjcrawford
09-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey all,

Gotta quick question, and I cannot find a referance in the manuals so please don't say RTFM!

when working in layout, I bring in a character and all is cool, but then I bring in somthing big like say, a house, or a spaceship or something and the camera gets so big that I can no longer see my smaller objects in open GL! is there a setting to control this? it is very hard to keep the camera focused on an object that you can only see in renders! and when the camera is huge it makes it difficult to to any percice movement with the camera... any advice would be welcome.. thanks

cagey5
09-02-2006, 02:22 PM
For the camera size hit the square bracket key to reduce the grid size. That will pop everthing back into view and give you smaller increment of movement.

Also. Before you load in the 'big' object, keyframe the camera. That will stop it trying to accomodate the whole scene as you load larger elements.

mjcrawford
09-02-2006, 02:46 PM
For the camera size hit the square bracket key to reduce the grid size. That will pop everthing back into view and give you smaller increment of movement.

Also. Before you load in the 'big' object, keyframe the camera. That will stop it trying to accomodate the whole scene as you load larger elements.

thanks Cagey! is there a way to control the camera size directly?

cagey5
09-02-2006, 04:32 PM
short answer.. nope.

mjcrawford
09-02-2006, 04:49 PM
short answer.. nope.

that makes no sence...

Dillon
09-02-2006, 06:54 PM
That's because his answer is incorrect.

The right answer is....

KEYFRAME the position of your camera before bringing in larger objects. Without a keyframe, the camera will always jump back to view the largest item being loaded into a scene.

This was true up until 7 (which I'm still using). Unless it's changed, it should still behave this way.

Dillon

marble_sheep
09-02-2006, 07:31 PM
That's because his answer is incorrect.

The right answer is....

KEYFRAME the position of your camera before bringing in larger objects.

and four posts above yours...

:p