PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Used in Harvard Biology Video

Whit
09-02-2006, 01:51 PM
The studiodaily website has an article about, "Cellular Visions: The Inner Life of a Cell" which was created for Harvard by John Liebler of XVIVO. According to the article, Liebler works mostly in LightWave. There is a link to a Flash video.

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/technique/tprojects/6850.html

--Whit

borkus
09-04-2006, 09:41 AM
holy ****!!!!. very impressive. i get 9 in 2 days. nice to see what it can be capable of. for an experienced person, of course. but after struggling with blender for over a year, nothing can be as difficult as that

zardoz
09-08-2006, 04:42 AM
I saw this and posted a comment in spinquad, so I'll paste my comment here:

I had to post here. Manfrog aka 'John Liebler' I have to say that this is really good. In the year of 92/93 I started my degree in Biochemistry and
because of Lightwave I only ended it 10 years later (not that I am that dumb but because I had a 'few' breaks...that lasted for some years because I had full time jobs creating 3d using lightwave). At the time it was a tuff choice...3D or Biochemistry. And I decided to...try both. So I didn't quit and now I have a college degree in Biochemistry (and also a scientifc illustration 1 year course) and at the moment I'm working in a company using Lightwave and as a freelancer too.

All this was just to say that your video gave an image of some of the processes I've studied...not that I believe they happen or look the way you have on your video (the same thing happens with the typical image of the atom with tiny balls at the nucleus with smaller balls (electrons) spinning like crazy around it) but it gives a nice image/model of how it can be.

Thanks for sharing this work with the Lightwave community, whose members may not be connected to science, but because of some 'nerdiness' are always interested with this kind of stuff.

Now the important stuff: where is the full video? I can't download it!! lol

PS: if you open the video with internet explorer you can go to the temporary internet files and copy the 'harvard.flv' with 20 megabytes that is somewhere in there and play it with some .flv player.