PDA

View Full Version : Presets in Lightwave 9

Proxyl
09-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi,
I just installed LW9 from scratch but there are no presets installed??
I can find "cel, color, etc" under surface editor but when I open the presets window I can't select anything, just workspace. Does anyone have a clue where exactly I need to put the presets folder to be able to show them in the presets window? I've been fooling around for days now to get this fixed. Do I need to use the LW8 presets and where do I install them? Further more do I need to use the path option for this? It's kinda confusing to me. I would have thought that LW9 would have installed the presets in a default folder but for some reason the link seems to be broken to it.
Thanks!

Warwind
09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I think--and I'm a total newbie here--but I think you have to have the Surface Editor open when you bring up the Preset Shelf. (Actually, it seems that you just have to have opened the Surface Editor at least once.) Then all the presets should be there.

On my install of LW9, my Surface Editor presets are in:

C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Programs\Presets\Surface Editor\Surface Preset

I made a folder called "Downloaded" that I've been putting all the presets I've downloaded, and they show up in this folder in LW.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Proxyl
09-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Tom,
Thanks for your help bud.
I know I need to have the surface editor open and normally when you install LW the presets are already loaded in the right folder but for some reason they show up in the wrong place??? Actually I don't get a presets folder under programs at all. Maybe I have to download the whole program file again and do a fresh install again hmmpff (like the 10th time already)

Jeroen

Warwind
09-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Or you could search your system for .pst files and see if they went somewhere else. If you can't find them, I'd probably re-install too. Good luck!