PDA

View Full Version : PLG_IK problem

ercaxus
09-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Does anyone have an older version of this plugin? The website doesn't have the old ones and I didn't see any contact info anywhere. Can someone please post the old one? :help:

I think August 23 update came with a bug. When my ik chain is stretched flat if I bring the goal back it goes past the tip of the bone(or if moving the chain, the tip goes past/through the goal) before IK starts working. This basicly means my character's feet go through the floor, and and go back up and some other annoying things.

I am almost sure this started after I installed the new version. Unfortunately today's update didn't fix it.

nemac4
09-01-2006, 07:52 PM
If you add one more bone to the chain, then set the Goal option in plg_ik_top to the new bone, it should work.

nemac4
09-01-2006, 07:53 PM
oops^

ercaxus
09-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I tried that but didn't work. Sadly that goal position was the thing that got fixed in that update.
Could you post a basic 2 or 3 bone chain that works. I want to see where I'm making the mistake.

nemac4
09-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Toshihiro told me that he modified the way it handled the accuracy of very small numbers with the twist target. Which was the purpose for the update as far as I know. You might want to check your pre-bend keys and make sure they are at least 1 degree.

I have several rigs posted here:

http://lwrig.blanos.com/files/Rigs/

nemac4
09-01-2006, 08:11 PM
I've found that sometimes if I do a lot of edits with the bone tools in Layout, I will have to rebuild the chain due to errors with bone order in PLG_ik

ercaxus
09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I've found that sometimes if I do a lot of edits with the bone tools in Layout, I will have to rebuild the chain due to errors with bone order in PLG_ik

fix lws fixes something with the bone order I guess.

Btw my bones are bent more than 1 degree and I just looked at you legs rig and that one has a similar problem too, but since stretching is allowed there, it's not a visible problem.

You wouldn't have the old version or a link to it, would you?

nemac4
09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm not seeing the problem on the rig here.:question:

nemac4
09-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Could you post your rig so I could look at it?

nemac4
09-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Here is the old one:

ercaxus
09-01-2006, 08:47 PM
here's the whole scene file with and the object, and i'm trying th old version right now.

ercaxus
09-01-2006, 08:54 PM
That fixed my problem, thank you very much. If you can, please contact the developer and let him know about this.

nemac4
09-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice rig and model. :)

I'm just not seeing a problem here. Could you post a grab of the problem?
I'm starting to wonder if you just need to restart LW.

nemac4
09-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Ah,.. I see it now. I'll let him know.

Wickster
09-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Toshihiro told me that he modified the way it handled the accuracy of very small numbers with the twist target. Which was the purpose for the update as far as I know. You might want to check your pre-bend keys and make sure they are at least 1 degree.

I have several rigs posted here:

http://lwrig.blanos.com/files/Rigs/
Wait, wait, you know the author? He's in big demand on this forum. you should have him drop by sometime a lot users wants to thank him for his contributions (including me) and some mac people wants to get in touch with him about porting his plugins for the mac community. PLG tools rock.

nemac4
09-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure if he wants his contact info "out there". I pass the info along though.

ercaxus
09-01-2006, 09:21 PM
just grab the ankle controller and move it in y+ a little bit(1-3 cm). You'll see the tip of the foot going up with it. that is because the tip target(invisible in that scene) is a child of ankle control and the chain is lagging behind the controller. Also you can see the tip of the lower leg bone is not at the same location with the controller when you do that.
You could also try moving the body down by selecting the second torso piece from the top. That should make the foot go under the floor plane.

edit: I see you figured it out already.

nemac4
09-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks for finding the problem!.. I know it will save me some headaches! :)

ercaxus
09-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the old version, and while you're there can you ask the developer if he could do something similar to the "keep goal within reach" option. It would save some time while IK/FK switching. I tried scripting the switches, but since i am not the best at Lscript it took awhile and I believe i bumped into a (maybe very well known but i didn't know) Lscript bug.

Having an option ike that would make switches more "elegant" i guess. Of course
if you came up with a solution that makes the switching real quick I would like to know :D

nemac4
09-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the old version, and while you're there can you ask the developer if he could do something similar to the "keep goal within reach" option. It would save some time while IK/FK switching. I tried scripting the switches, but since i am not the best at Lscript it took awhile and I believe i bumped into a (maybe very well known but i didn't know) Lscript bug.

Having an option ike that would make switches more "elegant" i guess. Of course
if you came up with a solution that makes the switching real quick I would like to know :D
I have standard sliders running the ik/fk switches on the AMBiped V2 and 3 characters. Nothing fancy though.

AM_Biped_V3_Scale_Fix Rig (http://www.nemac4.com/files/AM_Biped_V3_Scale_Fix.zip)

I've been posting updates in a thread at spinquad:

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12458

nemac4
09-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the old version, and while you're there can you ask the developer if he could do something similar to the "keep goal within reach" option. It would save some time while IK/FK switching.

I did come up with a simple method using expressions to make the hand controls follow the FK rig during the switch,.. but I took it out because it drifted some on the transitions. It would work for close proximity ik/fk switches.
I'll try to find a backup copy of it if you want it.

nemac4
09-02-2006, 04:34 AM
The current ( 9-2 ) update should work fine now. :D

nemac4
09-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Things are looking good for the Mac port. :thumbsup:
Toshihiro is going to ask Dstorm for assistance with the port.

xchrisx
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
i am just starting to learn how to incoporate the PLG tools into some rigs and I must say from what I have seen so far from nemac and ercaxus they seem to be working great. many thanks Toshirhiro for making some kick arse plugs. :)

jat
09-15-2006, 08:34 PM
nemac, how the heck did you get a hold of this guy? Tell him, thanks...........

nemac4
09-16-2006, 06:51 PM
He actually contacted me due to my character rigs.
I'll pass along the thanks.

DogBoy
09-18-2006, 01:20 AM
He actually contacted me due to my character rigs.
I'll pass along the thanks.

Can you find out if he can get a 64bit version? I have some very character heavy scenes that i'd like to use it for.

Thx,

Dan