PDA

View Full Version : red dongel question

johnnyh66
09-01-2006, 09:10 AM
I just orderd LW9 yesterday w/overnight shipping for today for an emergency project. Is LW still shipping w/dongel issues? I didn't know about this till today... and now I'm very worried that I will not be able to finish this project on time.
I pray that it'll work, I talked my friend into buying it so I could complete his project by Monday.
Sorry for the cross post but I really need an answer asap.
Thanks

gjjackson
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
If there are dongle issues you can install it without and it will run in trial mode with no limitations except time (30 days). Surely by then you would have matters cleared up. The only problem is; any plugins tied to that dongle would not work, FPrime e.g.

johnnyh66
09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Have they changed that for 9?
I thought the w/o the dongle it ran in discovery mode and you couldn't save.
If it saves that'll work to get this project done... I'll miss F-Prime though.
Thanks for reply.

gjjackson
09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
I've been using the Trial mode for a little while now just because I didn't want to carry the dongle around with me. The only difference is there's a watermark on the interface that shows Trial Mode. Such as a custom background color. After the 30 days it reverts to Discover mode with all its limitations.

johnnyh66
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
We talked to Newtek support and they said the problem has been fixed.
Thanks again.
John

Chrusion
09-01-2006, 07:14 PM
We talked to Newtek support and they said the problem has been fixed.
And the fix is...? <drum roll please>

It's my understanding that we have to contact NT via email or phone, or even via this forum's private msg, give 'em our serial number(s), and they ship us purple dongles.

Now, has it been confirmed or officially stated, that the previous LW 8.x/7.x purple dongles work with LW9, or do they not. We have 10 of them hanging from the ceiling in a decorative manner in our equipment storage closet wondering what to do with them.

madjester
09-01-2006, 07:29 PM
The purple dongles work, I'm usin one right now.

Cougar12dk
09-03-2006, 01:39 PM
So am I Jester. Mine's not working for LW9. It work fine with LW8.x. But I've been having A LOT of trouble with 9 ever since it was released.....the beta's ran good, but not the final 9.0.

I've contacted NT Europe WRT receiving the box version......last I heard they are still wating for it to arrive from the US. That was WEEKS ago...... I'm just afraid that when 9 actually arrives here it STILL won't recognise the dongle as valid.....Which means I'm still without the product I bought last year 'round this time!

johnnyh66
09-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Well, When I got over there and installed 9 it didn't work!
Fortunately my friend was on the phone w/Steve Worley (registering F-Prime) and he suggested disabling any firewall programs... and that worked.
So, I don't know if our red dongle had the same problems that others had in the past or if the firewall problem is something different.
Either way, my project is done!
Thanks.
John

johnnyh66
09-05-2006, 07:39 AM
A friend said they upgraded to 9 from 8, have the original purple dongles and have not had any problems.