PDA

View Full Version : You must see Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek

Lottmedia
09-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Just finished this little gem. About 20 minutes long and so worth it. Cel shaded CG anime. While watching it I thought it reminded me of Spoonman, the Dave school project a while back. Watching the making of the raw CG looked familiar (I couls see the LW bones) and the makers said Lightwave was the only 3D package used. It really has an intresting look and feel. Check it out, guys.

PS NT, Chuck, we need a forum catagory for CG (LW spotting!) in movies discussion. What do you think?

Casey :cat:
(meow...)

DiedonD
09-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Well since you didnt include any pictures of it, and all I saw so far was a picture on a DVD, could you at least post a link for its short adv or, teaser and the such, maybe?

katsh
09-01-2006, 02:58 AM
what is kakurenbo.
i know what kakurenbo means.(it mean hide&seek in japanese)
i mean what is the thing named kakurenbo. image? movie,cinema?

Phil
09-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Best I could find was a PSP trailer : http://www.centralparkmedia.com/psp/

It should play in QuickTime, but it's not ideal.

Blurb :

Demons. Teenagers. And a mean little game of hide and seek. This is Kakurenbo, the first production from Yamatoworks and Central Park Media's first 3D CGI animation.

In a wave of anime buzz, Central Park Media announced the acquisition of Kakurenbo - Hide & Seek, the first anime production from new production company Yamatoworks. But this isn't just any new anime. Kakurenbo is 3D and CGI, a first for CPM and an exciting new show for anime fans everywhere.

Kakurenbo is the story of eight masked teenagers, roaming the streets of Tokyo while they play a deadly game of hide and seek with demons. Our main characters, Hikora and Yaimao joined this to-the-death game to find their sister, lost in a previous game.

cresshead
09-01-2006, 06:12 AM
where?

here's a DIRECT link
http://www.centralparkmedia.com/psp/kakurenboenglish.zip

Phil
09-01-2006, 07:00 AM
*sigh* I was trying to help. All you had to do was read the page. Do I need to wipe your backside when you go to the loo as well?

Lottmedia
09-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Come on buys, finding stuff like this is what the internet is for. If there's something even remotely book- or movie-like just punch it into Amazon and look! There it is! I really had no idea this would cause such a hassel. Use the internet, that's what it's here for

Casey :cat:
(Umm.....?)