PDA

View Full Version : Now Opening Preset Repository

lede
08-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Well for the past few weeks I have been a tad dormant here. Over the years I have learned a lot from many of the community members here. For once I would like to give something back to all the LightWave users and help build a preset repository. With a lot of help from aurora we set off on building a place we can share our textures. Please join us in using our newly created system at www.lededesigns.com follow the link on the site to preset repository (http://www.lededesigns.com/component/option,com_nodes/Itemid,4/).

Please fell free to browse the presets and upload any you have created. All preset on the site are freely available for download.

-Lee

Paul24
08-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Great, thank you very much Lee.

BazC
09-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Thanks a lot!

Silgrin4D
09-01-2006, 02:21 AM
It is a great idea!

However, you didn`t include files for 7.x It`s still a very powerful software and it would be extremely useful to make these files available for its users!

What about publishing at least basic materials [most typical glass, steel, chrome, wood, etc.] in a human-perceivable form?;) For example, as plain text or just screenshots of material editor.

To be honest, I`m one of 7.5 [beginning] users and I`d be extremely happy to avoid starting from the frantic struggle to get materials work at all again. I`m a modeller rather than anything else and it`s taking huge time for me. I think there still are many such persons lingering with the old good 7.5.

Cheers,

Silgrin

http://www.geocities.com/silgrin4d/Gallery/Gallery.html

lede
09-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Silgrin4D, you have a good point there. If memory servs me properly there wasn't much changes in the LW7 to LW8 file format but since I haven't tested this I don't want to say those file will work with an older version.

Now for the other ideas abouit basic materials. Yeah we are working on them and if any one else would like to join in they can. Our next goal after opening is to get 2-5 textures per category in the system. It just takes a few hours for us to pump out a texture. Texturing has been a very week spot for me too and now with some of the new tools in LW9 I have decided to spend some time learing how to be a better texture artist.

Anyways thanks for such a great response so far we look forward to serving the community for many years to come. If you have suggestions let us know so we can increase the abilities of the system.

-Lee

aurora
09-01-2006, 10:03 AM
One thing to please note is that this is not just stuff that Lede and I have laying around and are throwing in (well OK so far it is) but the intent is to create a place for all LWer's to add and grab their own presets. The idea is not to have just a place for LW9 surface node presets but for any and all types of presets. This also is not the end all of what this repository will bring you. We have lots of ideas to help make this a great place for LWer's to add, grab presets and so much, MUCH more. We just needed a place to start and Lede has done a great job of building a solid site to get the ball rolling.
THANKS LEE!

silviotoledo
08-16-2008, 07:40 AM
A sugestion:

Please add a bigger thumb sample