PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave unable to render picture files

gmc9987
08-31-2006, 11:29 AM
I am having a problem with my version of Lightwave. Modeler works just fine for me, but when I bring my scene into Layout I start to have some problems with rendering. I am trying to render a single picture of my object. I can get three images just fine, but if I try to render a fourth one I get a message that says "Lightwave Picture saver plug-in failed. Abort?"
If I choose to abort, I get no picture. If I choose to continue, I get a corrupted picture that cannot be opened. Does anyone know what is causing this?
I am using Lightwave 8.5, on a dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5 with 1GB of SDRAM. I am running OS 10.4.7

Thanks for your help!

Bytehawk
08-31-2006, 11:43 AM
it's probably a memory problem. All the rendered pics are stored in ram if you leave the image viewer open.

gmc9987
08-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Actually, the picture viewer is not open. I turned it off to see if that would affect my problem, but it did not affect it at all.

toby
09-03-2006, 01:33 PM
It sounds like you need to dump and reload your i/o ( input/output ) plugin.

Press alt-F11, go to "Image i/o", select the plugin of the format you're trying to save out, click the delete button ( this does not erase anything from your hard drive ), then the add plugin button, browse to Lightwave/plugins/input-output/ and select the same plugin that you deleted.

What size image are you trying to render?