PDA

View Full Version : Morph maps go wild ...

Thomas M.
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't know what going on, but as soon as I rotate my object the morph maps aren't working correctly anymore (Modeler). I just rotate my object (Base), switch to my morph, but it doesn't look anymore like the object before rotation. It's like the morph isn't relativ to my object anymore. What could be wrong?

I'm stuck in the middle of my project and can't go on. Any ideas?

Cheers
Thomas

Wonderpup
08-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't have lightwave on this machine but i'm sure there is a tool specificaly designed to sort this problem called something like 'rotate morph'-

Thomas M.
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Why the f..k doesn't it rotate with my polygons? I need to copy this object many times, rotate it and so on ... I can't rotate the morph each time, too. I can't believe it. Is this true? Just found the section in the manual, but that's so lame ...

Cheers
Thomas

jm.khayat
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
maybe you can try rotate in Layout and save transform the base and the morf before background to morf again in modeler.

maybe not what you want though.

jm

DrTWT
08-28-2006, 01:43 PM
yikes,

haven't come across this yet, but just tried it out and had the same problem that you did. i found that translating or scaling the base didn't screw up the morph, only rotating it.

edit: you know, the same thing happens in 8.5 for me. did you ever have this work in earlier versions?

Thomas M.
08-28-2006, 01:44 PM
I just think about applying my morph to several base objects, copy all of them ontop of my master object with different surface names to have easy access to each of them, do all my moving, rotating and in the end seperate all of them and then start the Bkg2Morph business again. But again, this is lame ...

Thanks so much guys
Thomas

Thomas M.
08-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Scaling f..ks it up, too. The morph gets weaker. Just check the scale morph tool. ;-)

Tried it 8.0.1, 8.5 and 9. All the same.