PDA

View Full Version : Rigging question

Lottmedia
08-28-2006, 12:59 PM
OK, fellas, got yet another problem to throw at you (the Glow one was such a huge sucess!) Been rigging a mechanical quadroped (see other thread) but I'm having a problem with the back leg pistons. You see, with a regular hierarchy, there's not really a good way for both sections of the leg to be in the chain (is there?) Little BG, I wend rigid hierarchy without bones. I think I had a way to fake the back piston with bones but with this setup it became a hassel real quick. I have a feeling Relitivity might be good for this, but I have no idea how., Anyone able to help me out here?

Casey :cat:

jeanphi
08-29-2006, 03:48 AM
You can solve this probleme using only LW IK.
You need to set up one IK chain for the leg and two other for the piston facing each other.
Here is an example.

There are 3 IK chains and I set 2 nulls as IK stoper to prevent each IK chain to interact with the other on the piston parts.

You should try to change some parts length of your mech to have more realistic mecanisme. I tryed to respect your parts length and it looks like a clumsy mechanisme when animated. A smaller piston length for example should be better and some pivot should be moved.