PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave for PC

nawDsign
06-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi just a general question. When I bought a mac version Lightwave 7 with the duo dongle USB, was i suppose to get a PC version of Lightwave as well or do I have to buy the PC version seperate?

Thanks.

T-Light
06-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Hi nawDsign

Most of the Lightwave editions that have been released over the last year or so seem to be 'Duo' versions - ie - contain cd's for both Mac and PC.

A duo dongle without the disks to match sounds a bit strange?

The dongle of course, will obviously only work with one machine at a time, If your disks are Mac only and you were expecting Mac and PC, I'd check this out with your dealer. :)

electroNIX
06-07-2003, 02:40 AM
aint that cds hybrid-cds? i.e. running on BOTH systems...

[i cannot check because no MAC around]

T-Light
06-07-2003, 02:58 AM
Hi ElectroNIX,

Nope, :)
It's called the Lightwave 7 DUO USB

It contains a CD for the Mac and another CD for the PC. When I bought it earlier last year, I wasn't expecting to get both versions, I was just ordering for the PC. However, there is only one dongle.

If I ever switch to a Mac I'll be a happy Bunny, Otherwise, It was a nice touch. I suppose at the end of the day, Shipping an extra cd adds value to the product while at the same time lowering the cost to Newtek (One Package - Two versions).

head worm
06-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Hi,

You DUO version will work on both platforms quite happily. We run a mixed network without problems which is pretty cool!

However, you will need to get a separate license key document for each platform as the 'hardware lock ID' returns different numbers on Mac and PC. Simply register your product twice, once using the Hardware ID for Mac and again using the number returned by the PC.

These numbers are shown in a window if you run Lightwave with your dongle in place but no license key document in the Programs folder.

Cheers
Head Worm
www.the-worms-of-art.com

nawDsign
06-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Yea the package only came with a mac CD.. does not work on PC. I do have the duo dongle cause it says duo dongle on it. Unfortunately, I bought it last year, so I'm afraid the seller won't send me a new CD with a PC installer. I should have gotten info about this earlier, but ignorance is bliss. Any suggestions on to how I can get the PC version now?

Thank you,
Nor

LSlugger
06-09-2003, 12:55 PM
If you transferred the registration properly, then I'm sure NewTek Customer Service would happily send you a replacement CD. You might have to pay shipping.