PDA

View Full Version : LW UB Quick Question

Wickster
08-28-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm relativelynew to LW on Macs. I have LW installed on an iMac G5 but I think I've only used it to help out in the open beta process. Most of the time I've used LW on my Toshiba Notebook and my xeon desktop. But I've been editing my projects on Final Cut, so I decided to get a MacBook Pro. And planning to use LW more on this.

My Question is:
Since we now know that the UB LW is coming pretty soon...what about the 3rd party plugins out there? I use a lot of PICTRIX's tools and JW EdgeTools. Will they require UB compiling as well or will they work on their current state?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've just finished installing a whole slew of software and I'm too tired to search the forum. Sorry.

Thanks in advanced.

Chilton
08-28-2006, 04:56 AM
Hi Wickster,

My Question is:
Since we now know that the UB LW is coming pretty soon...what about the 3rd party plugins out there? I use a lot of PICTRIX's tools and JW EdgeTools. Will they require UB compiling as well or will they work on their current state?

In order for them to run on your new MacBook, they'll have to be recompiled.

The good news is that all of the tools needed to build the new plugins are free. We (NewTek) will be offering as much support to third parties as possible, once the SDK for plugins is available.

-Chilton

Lightwolf
08-28-2006, 06:11 AM
As a quick, almost on topic question: Will it be possible to compile UB plugins as well (one.p, two processorarchitectures)? I'd assume so, but I wanted to make sure.

Cheers
Mike

stephantran
08-28-2006, 08:57 AM
This is a totally useless post to show my excitement and my support of the Mac platform. I just switched from a dual-opteron to the new Mac Pro and a big plus was the dual licensing program you guys offer for platform-agnostics like me.
Which means: I can't wait for the UB to come out and show what the new machine has in store with the already impressive Lightwave v9...

Wickster
08-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks Chilton. Glad to hear NT is helping out the commuity anyway they can.