PDA

View Full Version : Different color fireworks!

Kevin Kirk
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Hello everyone!

I am making fireworks in Lightwave 8.3 in Layout, and things are going prety well.

These are the ones that burst up in the air. I am using partigons. The only problem is that in surface editor, it shows one partigon surface for each and every partigon emitter, so I cannot make them different colors.

All of the fireworks are red, or blue, or green or whatever.

Now, i can cheat it, and use a gradient along the X axis which gives ok results, but still looks a little weird for the fireworks in between. There has to be a better way.

How do I set up different surfaces for different partigon emitters?

Thanks in advance, everyone. I know I should be working on Halloween stuff instead of 4th of July, but it's just too fun! :lwicon:

-Kevin

Silkrooster
08-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Would you perhaps have the surface editor set to edit by scene instead of edit by object?
When creating 2 partigons type emiter, each emiter will be listed with its surface name just below it.
So if each partigon has the same surface name, then edit by scene will only show one surface.
Hope this helps,
Silk

prospector
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks in advance, everyone. I know I should be working on Halloween stuff instead of 4th of July, but it's just too fun!

Then make the sparklies come out af a witches broom !!!
Or a good fairies wand.

Kevin Kirk
08-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Would you perhaps have the surface editor set to edit by scene instead of edit by object?
When creating 2 partigons type emiter, each emiter will be listed with its surface name just below it.
So if each partigon has the same surface name, then edit by scene will only show one surface.
Hope this helps,
Silk

Thx, Silk, but the surface editor isset to edit by object. I do have two partigon emitters, PartigonEmitter (1) and PartigonEmitter (2), and they behave independently in every way except for color. Strange.

PS - I like the faery wand sparkles idea, Prospector, I might try that next!

Just as soon as I figure out how to get my fireworks to have different colors....

Thx for the replies, people! :D

Kevin Kirk
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Got the solution! I was adding my partigon emitters through browsing in the Utilities tab. To get separate surfaces for the particle emitters, add the particle emitters through Items - Add - Dynamic Objects, then add the emitters.

It works now, thx everyone! :D