PDA

View Full Version : Object Sequence Plugin

Activator
06-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I don't seem to have the "Object Sequence" plugin available in the latest LW 7.5c Mac OSX.

I re-scanned my plugin folder, but no luck. Seems to be missing. I actually never used it, but it is described in the "Inside Lightwave 7" book.

Is this plugin still available, or has it's functionality been superceded by some other function.

I need to create an object that "cycles" through a series of objects, changing to the next one at each frame, then looping.

TIA.

John

Activator
06-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Okay,

I got the plugin to load and show up in the Object Properties/Object Replacement drop down, but it won't "stick" on the "Object Sequencer" line in the drop down menu.

I put multiple files in the same directory, named exactly the same except for a sequential 3 digit number. According to the manual, that's all I should have to do, right?

TIA,

John

pixym
06-08-2003, 08:13 PM
It is not available for mac OS X...

Activator
06-09-2003, 05:42 AM
That's just great. I thought 7.5c brought platform parity to OSX. :mad:

Is there another way to automatically load a new model at each frame change?

I'm not up on scripting. Can anyone help out here?

Thanks!

wizlon
06-09-2003, 11:05 AM
I'am waiting for the same thing, what I have to do now is boot back into OS9, were the plug-in still resides, not a great solution!

If you want to do it in OSX you have to manually dissolve each object over a single frame.

I'am sure it would take someone at Newtek no longer than a day to add the (simple) code, it's not a complicated plug-in.

I'am going to try and do something with L-Script commander, using it like a simple macro recorder to record my sequence of actions on the first object and then apply it to all subsequent objects in the list. I Don't know if this is possible though?

Activator
06-09-2003, 03:28 PM
It's dissapointing to see that no one from Newtek has jumped in on this thread.

I've spent 2 full days trying to figure this one out, but no useable solution.

The animation I'm creating is for the next Matrix sequel...Revolutions. I guess I'll have to find a different tool to create this effect, and give THAT tool a credit, rather than LW!

John

mlinde
06-12-2003, 10:43 PM
I beg to differ, this plug in does exist in OS X.
"ObjRep.p" is the source for object sequencer. Now, if my finder hadn't just crashed, I'd tell you where it is in the application folder.

Ah, after a slight restart, you look in Lightwave:Plugins:Animate: and you will find the source plugin "ObjRep.p"

However, I must admit I haven't used it. If you look in the documentation (lw7manual.pdf, page 276 of 1078, or 9.12 if you prefer) it discusses how to use the object list and the object sequence plugins.

wizlon
06-13-2003, 03:50 AM
The plug-in does exsist, you can even add it and it says - 3 plug-in's have been successfully added, but that's as far as it gets none of the plug-in show up anywhere even in the additional plug-in's list. all's fine in OS9 however.

Lee.

mlinde
06-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Again, I beg to differ.
Once an object is loaded, you select object properties, geometry tab, and select the object replacement drop list to select the Object Sequencer plugin.

I notice that the plug-in interface does not appear to update, but in actuality the (none) tag moves a space or two to the right, and if you render or preview the scene, the plug-in works as documented.

I would say that the bug is that the plug-in does not have a description when loaded, until you preview or render. However it does work.

Activator
06-13-2003, 02:28 PM
mlinde,

Well, well, well. You are correct! javascript:smilie(':D')

More interesting, if you run a preview, then take a look at the Properties/Object Replacement menu, it now shows the path name where the object(s) exist!

Wonder why it doesn't update the images when scrolling the timeline manually, even after previewing?

NOW, how do I loop the object replacement sequence so it runs in an endless loop?

Thanks!

John

pixym
06-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Dear Activator,

Obj Sequence plug-in does not show the replacement of the object when you move the time slider.
Yes, this plug only replaces the object when you make a preview or render some frames.
If any object is replaced when previewing, the plug-in does not work!

Regards

wizlon
06-16-2003, 05:44 AM
Thanks everyone, it works great now, it seems a little odd that Newtek kept quite about this fix as it seems it's been updated in 7.5c, but no one bothered to mention it.

Are you all running 7.5c?

It still seems broken/missing on 7.5 though.

pixym
06-16-2003, 05:54 AM
I am running on LW 7.5c on a Dell computer with a radeon 9700 Pro.
I have not installed LW on my G4-867 dual mac because my Video card (Nvidia 4mx) is too slow!

Regards

Julian Johnson
06-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Diver has a Master Plugin that shows the object sequence when scrubbing:

http://www.interialabs.de/lw/lscript/index.html

Julian

pixym
06-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Thank Julian :)