PDA

View Full Version : phantom points and lw9

mav3rick
08-27-2006, 12:38 PM
hmm do i only have this probs but when i am in tab mod phantom points do not detect cage when in CC mode
hmmmmmmmmmm

Bog
08-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Wild guess. ATI video card?

Skonk
08-27-2006, 05:03 PM
I use an nvidia card and it does the same thing, what he means is that when you have subd's active, u used to be able to click in intersecting edges (where a point would be) of the subd surface and the appropriate point (which in reality isn't in the same place as wherer u clicked) would be selected for you, this no longer works. Trying to use the drag tool in the perspective view on a subd object is a real headache now because of it.

Bog
08-27-2006, 05:56 PM
My rig works fine with that in Classic SubD. You can't drag control vertices in Catmull-Clarke mode, though.

ghostlight
08-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Yes, I have the same problem. It's killing me softly.

Also, with CC, weird stuff happens like when I mirror geometry that has weighted edges, the new geometry has split edges, like it's falling apart. Also, in Layout, CC sub-d's with smoothing have strange seams appearing all over some of my older models. The model works fine in regular subpatch, but cc's on the same model acts strangely. Any other weird problems?

Mac, 10.3.9 Lightwave 9.

Skonk
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Using any multiply type tools (bevel, knife tool etc..) on CC subd's that have edge wieghting applied breaks your model.

mav3rick
08-28-2006, 02:52 PM
CCs are on long way to do list still .. it work with basics