PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer: Please help... what's going on?

pawn707
08-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Ok so I tried TWO online tutorials for this before asking a question. Both are located on the Lightwave3d.com site ("curtain" tutorial and the "flag" video tutorial).

Everything in both instances seems to be fine until I calculate. Instead of being cool looking cloth motion I get something where it seems the geometry "explodes" towards the camera (no matter where I place the camera) and then the geometry vanishes completely (even when rendered).

It's kind of hard to describe except that once I hit "start" to calculate the geometry gets HUGE in relation to the camera (even my image map pixelates) and then the geo. goes away, though a bounding box is left.

Anyone got ideas? I've got subdivision to "last" etc. I've done both tutorials several times...no avail.

Thanks. :cursin:

sammael
08-27-2006, 02:34 AM
I have never tried doing this myself but it sounds like you may have a scale problem, mabe you should reduce the ammount that it effects your object to about 1% of what it does now?
Dont know if thats relevant, but just a thought.

prospector
08-27-2006, 07:35 AM
mine doing the same.

also it adds a frame for each time I hit start and if I change a setting it quits calculating and flag just sits there, so unless I write settings down and reload flag everytime I try to set different numbers, I loose control of any calculations. So I don't know just what has changed or why it's not working.

I see 9 is out now so I can say I'm trying it in 9. Don't have 8 loaded anymore to try that.

prospector
08-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Tried Dynamics...works there.
does as advertised and doesn't add frames.

Try this...scene and model below.

Open scene...click on properties...go to dynamics tab....hit calculate.
Look thru panels to see settings.

pawn707
08-27-2006, 11:45 AM
mine doing the same.
I see 9 is out now so I can say I'm trying it in 9. Don't have 8 loaded anymore to try that.

I forgot I had 8 installed still so I loaded the scene and it seems to work just fine. I didn't even need to tweak anything.

Looks like maybe a LW 9 bug. :thumbsdow

pawn707
08-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I've reported this in the bug forum in case anyone cares to comment further.