PDA

View Full Version : Extend stems of letters??

ericy5150
08-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Hello,

I have Lightwave 8.5

I created some easy text with Toasterdudes software, and in Lightwave, I need to have the stems of the letters grow downward. I know you can stretch the letters, but I only need to stretch the stems and keyframe it..is this possible??

THANKS!

ericy5150

prospector
08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
In modeler, just highlight the points of the stems, put mouse on the topmost points and stretch them down.

You could do a morph the same way, just by making a morph before you stretch.
Click 'new' on bottom left corner under M

JamesCurtis
08-26-2006, 03:34 PM
In Modeler just select the points of the text area you want to work on and stretch them using the scale tool.

ericy5150
08-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks! I have noticed if I have an object open in modeler and lightwave, if I change the surface in Lightwave it will show up in modeler..I didn't know they affected each other in real time.
So I can stretch the points in modeler and keyframe it in Lightwave?

iconoclasty
08-26-2006, 05:42 PM
If you want to keyframe it then you'll want to make a morph target like propector explained. In the bottom right corner of modeler, click the M of the WTMCS button set. Then click the (base) pulldown, then new and name your target. Now stretch your text and the altered version will be a morph target. Lookup "morphMixer" in your manual to see how to keyframe the change in layout.

ericy5150
08-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks so much..I'll give it a try!!!

bryphi7
08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
You also might want to check out the sockymonkey plugin... I find it very useful.

Basically you make a selection set/sets in modeler of the points that you want to be able to keyframe, then in the deform tab of the object properties in layout you add the sockymonkey plugin...There are a few options you have to set up, but once you do, you can scale, move, stretch, rotate the points like any other object in layout.

ericy5150
08-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Figured it out...thanks so much!!!!