PDA

View Full Version : Wireframe help needed

Vision1
06-06-2003, 11:27 AM
hello i have a problem

i want to make a wireframe object and i know one way to do it.
you can make a object en go to layout and put wireframe on in the render settings but the problem is that when you have more objects than one then all the objects are wire frames but i want just one object

my questions is how can i select one object and make it look like a wireframe and the rest normal when it's rendered

Castius
06-06-2003, 12:21 PM
"render outline" under advanced in the surface. there is no object control for wireframe.

Mylenium
06-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Read the f...ing manual. Object properties -> edges, surface editor -> advanced tab

Mylenium

head worm
06-08-2003, 05:18 AM
Vision1,

Apologies for Mylenium1 - his father didn't give him enough attention as a child!

If you want a crude wireframe you do indeed achieve this through the Surface Editor under the advanced tab. You can define the line weight with this method but nothing else. It will render all your geometry lines, so it's best to keep models quite clean and simple. It works surface by surface, rather than on the whole object.

A more sophisticated way is to use the 'Edges' tab in the Object Properties window. You can open this by selecting your object and hitting 'p' on the keyboard.

Within 'Edges' you get a lot more control over which lines and elements are outlined, so you can exclude unwanted bits from the render. Edges are mixed with surface properties in the final render, so if you want just a transparent wireframe, you'll need to make your object's surfaces 100% transparent and invisible. I prefer this method as you get more control.

I sympathise with solving these problems using the manual, because where are you supposed to look them up? You would already need to know the answer in order to know which section to look it up in. Chickens and eggs and all that....

Good Luck
Head Worm
www.the-worms-of-art.com

Darttman
06-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Seeems the ultimate answer is a user friendly users manual eh?
It is getting better though (it's all in one book now!)