PDA

View Full Version : Titling with a camera mask

rcook
06-06-2003, 09:13 AM
I'm working on a project building QTVR's of a hero object. What I need to do is to lay an image in front of the camera with credit and copyright info. I could probably do it with a textured plane parented to the camera, but am worried about focal point issues.

I was wondering if there is a plugin or feature I'm not aware of, that is similar to a backdrop, but a "foredrop" in front of the camea, and always in focus that could be used in this instance?

Thanks,
Russell

riki
06-06-2003, 09:32 AM
There's 'data overlay' in the Render Options panel, not sure how it would work with QTVR though??

Mylenium
06-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Well, I think this would be a good opportunity for QuicktimePro + VR Toolkit. There you could add an extra channel for this. However, just inserting an object in front of your camera should do for the time being (assuming you don't use DOF or motion blur). Just stay away from the seams....

Mylenium

hcoat
06-07-2003, 12:15 AM
there is a feature called "foreground image" under the scene tab, and compositing of the effects panel. with this you can choose what image to go in front and a supporting alpha channel. this great for doing any kind of overlay.

rcook
06-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I pretty much had it working with the parented plane, but hcoat's idea nailed it. Now I don't have to worry about the plane taking up too much or too little frame space. I just made my white text on black both the Foreground Image and the Foreground Alpha on the Compositing/Effects dialog. Thanks!