PDA

View Full Version : Tequila scream - unlimited nodes - the best deal ever

palpal
08-23-2006, 03:55 PM
New version out. Upgrade: Unlimited nodes(999nodes) for $50 US dollars and the full version is only $190 US dollars.

After having tried Mule at my system and seen butterfly at a friends place, I must say/urge/scream that TEQUILA this is the best render node distributer deal ever!

Mule is $1199.00 for the same unlimited version... But then you get * free T-shirt, poster, and MULE-tag included ! what a rip-off! :neener: :neener:

LINK: http://www.digitaltoons.tv/shop/

The tequila scream features:

Split frame support.
Thumbnail browser.
Mini anim preview.
Pic viewer.
Remote Node Start.
No need to make ScreamerNet shortcuts.
Add several scenes at once.
Warnings:
Warnings set by the user when adding a scene to the render queue.
Warn if no save path.
Warn if render path not found.
Warn if render disk is less than x number of GB.
Warn if camera is not set to the size specified by the user.
Warn if no antialias
Warn if no field rendering
Warn if no object found.
Warn if already rendered frames are found
Move down and up the scenes in the render queue.
If scene 1 is rendering and you move up scene 2, scene 2 will start rendering!
Reset Scene.
Useful if a scene is already rendered and you want to render it again.
Scene Pause
Pause any scene at any time.
View Scene mode.
Displays useful information like cameras, objects and more.
Look for Missing Frames.
Will check for missing frames and will add them to the render queue if desired.
Add and kill CPUs at any time.
Pause CPU
Pause all CPUs
You can pause a CPU, then pause all. When the render resumes the CPU paused will remain paused while the others are rendering.
Assign a scene to a unique CPU.
CPU # 3 is rendering scene 1 while the remaining CPUs are rendering scene 2.
CPU Restart
Crashed CPU.
With the option to add the "crashed" frame to the render queue.
Force CPU.
Plugins button.
View in a window the plugins installed.
2 Log files.
Current session log.
"Yesterday" log.
Email notification.
Send carbon copies and blind carbon copies.
Short emails for beepers and caller phones.
Long emails.
Email complete log when done.
Send emails every 5 minutes up to 3 hours.
Email on starting job.
Email on finished job.
Email on errors
Edit Scenes.
From, To and Step
Render Mode
Ray trace effects.
Output files.
Output filename format.
Camera width, height and pixel aspect.
Antialiasing.
Motion blur.
Particle blur.
Field rendering.
Counters and timers.
Total, rendered and to go frames.
Rendering time per frame.
Rendering time per scene.
And more.
Add your company logo to the interface.
Works with mapped drives and UNC names.
Only US$190.00

Now it is time for me to upgrade for LW9 also... and my 27 nodes will render my shortfilm test anims in some weeks... ohhh.... looking so forward to that!

Yours PAL

UnCommonGrafx
08-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

And he's future-proofed it a bit, too.
Saves me quite a bit'o cash...

ShawnStovall
08-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Should I think of this as SPAM or just a really loyal user?(Sorry if this offends)

UnCommonGrafx
08-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Chuckle,
That's up to you.

palpal
08-23-2006, 07:29 PM
I know my post is abit detailed, but it is ment to help people, becuse I have been testing alot of render node ditributors and this is the best, the cheapest that work perfectly and really it is just to help out!

Yours PAL :beerchug:

monovich
08-23-2006, 07:34 PM
dang... that's a good deal! I wish I didn't have $$ invested in Butterfly Net Render... I may switch anyway, though.

Cageman
08-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Are there any networkrender manager that can use multiple versions of LightWave? An example:

I have a scene where some passes renders faster in LW9.0 and some renders faster in LW8.3. So, when I submit my scenes, I want to be able to say that "this scene should be rendered with LW9.0 and this scene should be rendered with LW8.3" and so on.

Limbus
08-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Does TequilaScream support other software packages like Fusion, max or maya?

3D Kiwi
08-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Just tried the new tequila scream and it wont pic up on 9s surface nodes, saved object etc, set up as per digital toons site, render out frames sweet but no surfaces?????

Any one had any luck with it???

SteveH
08-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Guys,
A quick question for you. PAL said TequilaScream allows up to 999 nodes. But on his site it says this

>>If you have a multi-processor machine, then enter the number of available cpus in the TOTAL CPUs area. The maximun number of CPUs you may have is 8. A list of the node numbers assigned to that machine will appear beside the TOTAL CPUs option.

I'm confused. Nodes and CPUs are not the same I take it. Using TuquilaScream can I access more than 8 CPUs on our network?

Steve

UnCommonGrafx
08-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, it can get real confusing real quick with dual dual machines out now.

Suffice it to say, a singular cpu reads as one; a dual machine reads as two, as does a single dual core.

I think he was still on the multi-processor machine with that comment. Particularly, one with 8 processors.

Someone asked how easy it was to set up... With his nodes, it's a no-brainer. And XP64 manages these nodes better than 98 ever did. chuckling...

elfworks
08-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Just tried the new tequila scream and it wont pic up on 9s surface nodes, saved object etc, set up as per digital toons site, render out frames sweet but no surfaces?????

Any one had any luck with it???

I'm using the 'old' version (though I just paid for the upgrade), and it has no problem with the Occlusion shader.

What surface nodes are you using?

Thomas M.
08-25-2006, 02:13 AM
Can it get more sleazy? Can somebody delete this thread? If he want's to sell his stuff, I'm sure somebody will be more than happy to place his advertisement.

elfworks
08-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Can it get more sleazy? Can somebody delete this thread? If he want's to sell his stuff, I'm sure somebody will be more than happy to place his advertisement.

Wow, someone's been drinkin' the "Hater-ade."

Yes, my Norwegian brother went a little crazy with the cut&paste, but that's no reason to go medieval on his 'hindquarter'. :)

.... Unless you're accusing me of being the shill?
(In which case, may I offer my left buttock to gnaw on.... :) )

Sometimes I'm sorry I waste my time on these threads. :)

Enjoy doing whatever you want to do.

Peace,
Erik

T-Light
08-26-2006, 01:57 AM
Megalodon -

I see nothing wrong with this - keep it up!
:agree:
Even the LW documentation says to check out alternatives to screamernet.
I didn't know anything about tequila scream so cheers palpal.

[EDIT] - On another note, even if palpal was the author of tequila scream, there's still nothing wrong with posting a LW related product in these forums.
It's when you see 'Great cell phone deal' or god forbid the ubiquitous 'Cheap Meds' that the mods jump straight in and cut the thread.

palpal
08-28-2006, 03:09 AM
I am not the author of Tequila Scream, I just use it every time I render something with lots of frames. Then I use my 27 PC`s for the job, and for me Tequila really does meet my requirements. I just tried to give you all a tip on a very good deal here. I have tried some other node controllers, and for me Tequilla is the best and have been so the last years!

SteveH
09-01-2006, 03:17 PM
So - does TS work with 9 and nodes or not? Anyone using it?

UnCommonGrafx
09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Yes. Yet, it feels a bit slow in the tooth compared to an f9. Maybe it's network overhead.

phillydee
09-01-2006, 05:48 PM
For those of us who don't want to give up our lunch money to buy a render manager: Joe Justice's LightNet. Check it out here:

http://www.joejustice.org/lightwave/lightnet/index.html

It's free, and of course it doesn't do everything that these other ones do--it allows for 'some' editing of scenes but not all; I've used this from 6.5 on, it's worked fine for me.

Thomas M.
09-02-2006, 12:47 AM
PalPal, or should I say PayPal, this site you are recommending doesn't even have an address or a phone in case you need to get in contact with the staff. How sick is this!?

If you would like to help out some of "your fellow buddies", it would be enough to drop a line that you think that this program is interesting and tell us where you could probably order it. Don't promote it like this and tell people in this thread that you arent involved.

In the zBrush forum at cgTalk they just kicked out a guy who tried to promote his own stuff, trying to act as a user who so much likes this great product. If you try to make a few bucks, than don't try hide and seek with us, especially if it is so obvious. There's nothing wrong in telling folks that it's you who sells it, at least everybody then knows ...

Thanks
Thomas

Thomas M.
09-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Yes, you are right. These days there are a lot of shady and dubious businesses and "cooperations" out there, who do only exist in the form of html text in the web. They can close down any minute and if you wish too, you for sure won't be able to get hold of anybody.

Reliable companies don't have any reason to hide where they are based or who the owner is, never mind whether it's big business or just a one man company. I just wonder what your silly executioner comment is for.

If I have the suspicion that this post "smells" a bit, I will point this out. And make your decisions for yourself, that's nothing I want to be involved with.

Cheers
Thomas

UnCommonGrafx
09-02-2006, 05:42 AM
That's hilarious!

Thomas, did someone kick you in the 'nads that you are being so vituperous toward this post?

There are those of us that just USE this stuff and have lots of exhuberance for the fact it's a tool that hasn't gone extinct amongst the many that have.

Get off your high horse and just stay out of this thread as it doesn't serve you. Cool. Having owned the tool for 3+ years, always have gotten a response from the author and being grateful that he has chosen to update his tool, makes me feel that the decision I've made to support them dead easy. That you are denigrating someone for sharing such information based solely on your lack of knowledge seems non-sensical.

Besides, this post wasn't about you or what you smelled; it's about the fact that Tequila Scream, by "Chepe", is upgraded and ready to roll with LW[9]. Period.

Thomas M.
09-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Oh, come on. I didn't make any comment on the tool itself or the author. Both tool and support might be great, but that's nothing I can comment on as I have never used it.

My only point is that the way this thread got started is rather shady as it is clearly an advertising, but the person posting it states being just a user. That's what irritates me.

TrueArt promotes his stuff all the time in the forums. But it's o.k. as it clearly is an advertising. No need there to act as a user promoting his own stuff in a testemonial way.

I'm just suprised that the feedback is rather harsh and not acknowledging my point at all.

Cheers
Thomas

P.S.: BTW, the "that's-none-of-your-business-attitude" is partially responsible for the current state of western and eastern societies. So there's really no point in being upset about a critical comment. Didn't kick anybody in the balls. At least not yet ... :)

UnCommonGrafx
09-02-2006, 06:21 AM
I thought your attack on the poster was rather harsh and undeserved.

He stated that he's not getting paid. That you didn't except that is also the reason western and eastern societies are having problems: a lack of trust in what's being said. That and the fact our ci... that's for another conversation....

You have cast doubt on this thread as somehow being illegitimate. As though the poster was trying to put his hand in your pocket and take your money without permission. As though he was the author and was dishonestly barraging us with 'infomercials' without stating that he was indeed the author. When questioned, he answered the question: he is not the author but a convinced and satisfied user.

And yet, this continues to be questioned. Sounds like the East/West issue, huh?

Thomas M.
09-02-2006, 06:34 AM
If you would have followed this thread,

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=397040

you might understand my reaction a bit better. And doubting what someone says, is o.k. to me, as long as there a hints which make me suspicious. You should measure people not by their words, but their deeds. Trusting Mr. Bush that Iraq is in the possesion of chemical weapons of mass destruction was rather foolish, dont you think ... But a lot of people did. And those who didn't were told to shut up. If that's what you prefer ...?!

paulrus
09-02-2006, 06:45 AM
PLEASE KEEP YOUR F#@[email protected] POLITICAL COMMENTS OFF A CG MESSAGE BOARD!!!!

I am so tired of the Bush bashing that has to come up in 1 out of every 10 threads on every freaking graphics message board.

Thomas - STFU!!!!! I don't CARE to hear your particular political rant here. I don't come to listen to you rail against the president of the United States. There are plenty of political forums where you can do that.

Or go start your own "People who hate GWB and create CG" forum and go nuts. But I'm hear to read about Lightwave and related products, not listen to your totally uninformed, uneducated, backwater, liberal commie pinko opinion!!!!!

S-T-F-U!!!

(sorry if I offended anyone - but I've just totally had it with these morons)

UnCommonGrafx
09-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Thomas,
I did not believe Mr. Bush at that time and neither did the people who were told to speak his ills. I watched Colin Powell at the UN and am well aware of what subterfuge occured.

That thread offers a difference, though, right? The guy said he was part of the crew, right? As well, the person who started the thread wasn't the same as the 'mole', right? There are big diffs in the two threads, Thomas.

As much as I might want to have a discussion about moles and misleading representation, it doesn't really do justice to the gist of this post.

So, how do you like zbrush? Got it at Siggraph and am stoked with it's abilities and performance. I had purchased hex as a stopgap but found that its broken state didn't work for me. :( The price break was good enough to buy.
Watching a zbrush sculpt in motion has been a TREAT. (Getting back on task here) As I was going through the [9] beta, I kept wanting to try out some animation. Unfortunately, I'm impatient and TS wasn't working so I just let it go. I did send a request to Chepe to implement a change: make it so that TS was future proof by giving us an input area to select our config file so he didn't have to change his code when NewTek changed the config naming convention.
Lo and behold, he did. And I am now back to animating and rendering in my little render garden.

Now, I neither get paid for this nor a break on my next update. I'm just a talkative user and supporter of those who provide tools for my NewTek tools.

I have assisted with the development of tools, too.
(SHAMELESS PLUG)
LWConnect is a tool that bridges the gap twixt NewTek's VTEdit and Lightwave by allowing the user to send a section of his timeline to a pre-configured file in LW. It sounds simple but is so beautiful in it's execution that words belie the power.
Bob Tasa's the coder; check out the site and view the vid there:
http://toastergarage.com/BobFxPlugins.html

I say all of that to say: let it go.

JML
09-02-2006, 02:51 PM
thanks for the info, I'm glad there is an upgrade for lw9 support

Thomas M.
09-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks Uncommon that you took the time to see my point of view. Probably I started my post a bit harsh, but just seeing the layout and reading through the text made me rather suspicious that somebody just tries to pull off the same scheme here on Spin Quad. Yes, on cgTalk the person who started the thread is really a user, while the other guy just dropped in to sell his stuff. But it's very similar.

Megalodon, it's really not about the product, the programer, the users or anything. I pointed this out more than clearly, hopefully. It's about selling a product in a testimonial way (as a satisfied user) if it looks pretty obvious that the person posting profits from the sales. I don't even say that the poster is in any way mixed up with the product. What I'm asking for is the honesty to say that you can offer this product at this special price and that you are selling it. Probably it's not even the case in this post, but I rather believe it is. My opinion. Of course I can be wrong.

Paulrus, as you can't express yourself in an adequate way I won't comment on your post at all.

I hope I made myself clear. If this product is as great as stated, I hope the programer will profit from his investment (time) as much as possible and the LW community, too.

Cheers
Thomas

Cageman
09-02-2006, 09:07 PM
What I'm asking for is the honesty to say that you can offer this product at this special price and that you are selling it. Probably it's not even the case in this post, but I rather believe it is. My opinion. Of course I can be wrong.

I think the guy who started this thread said he didn't get any money (look at the 5:th post in this thread). He seems to be a very passionate user who, by word of mouth, tries to spread the good stuff about the package.

Take a look at Andy Bishop from Darkside Animation (SIGGRAPH 2005 and 2006 videos). There you have a really passionate guy who you probably would call a liar, because he constantly reminds people of how easy LightWave is and how cheap it is, and when doing so, he also states that NT doesn't pay him anything for actually putting in a bunch of good words about the package...

elfworks
09-03-2006, 01:59 AM
It's about selling a product in a testimonial way (as a satisfied user) if it looks pretty obvious that the person posting profits from the sales.

Got no problem with the suspicion, but the interrogation left a little to be desired. (You were playing 'bad cop,' right? :)

If it's any consolation, when I asked the developer about an upgrade, he was thinking of shelving the product because he'd only had one or two sales in the last year.

I don't think anyone's doing this to make a quick buck off the LightWave community - there just aren't enough fish in the barrel. (For Newtek's sake, I wish there was a bigger pool of customers... :I_Love_Ne 8/ :cry: )

I understand your paranoia, but you didn't start off with a very cogent argument.

I don't even say that the poster is in any way mixed up with the product. What I'm asking for is the honesty to say that you can offer this product at this special price and that you are selling it. Probably it's not even the case in this post, but I rather believe it is. My opinion. Of course I can be wrong.
Cheers
Thomas

This coming from a guy who has less information in his personal profile than PalPal?!?

In all honesty, how can I give you any more credence than him?

Who are you?

Maybe you're some shill for ButterflyNet render?

Out to quash the competition?!?

No... No..
I understand it all now...
You're one of the Monarch's Henchmen! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YRon8FbrMQ

Cheers! :beerchug:

Thomas M.
09-03-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm worse than those dudes, believe me. And actually you are right, I work for a consortium of network software developers who a scarred that Tequilla will take over the world. I'm in the taskforce which tries to give Tequilla sellers, users and everybody affiliated with Tequilla a bad reputation. This cries out for undercover work. Therefore no data in my profile. It's all top secret. Unfortunately I didn't work well in this thread.

BTW, you know what happens to guys like you blowing an agents identity?

You'll have about 24h left, to think about it ... Enjoy you last hours.

Cheers to everybody
Thomas

palpal
09-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Well I think this thread went all wrong. I can not answer all this as I just wanted you all to know what Tequila Scream was and that I have been using it for several years on my 3D farm. Some time ago, it was over a year ago I think? I was interviewed by newtek, it is here: http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/syvertsen/1.html

In this interview I did not mention Tequila for some reason, but I mentioned some other plug-ins, I never got a respond or somewhon saying to me that I was an *** to do so.

This thread went wrong becuse I pasted inn all the features of Tequila Scream I guss. I am not sure, but that must be it. And if that is so wrong I can not really understand that.

When all this is said I know chepe from e-mail, he is a good bloke with a nice product. I have had mule and some others in the past, but for me Tequila is the best. I just wanted you all to know there was a new version of the node distrubutor that I think is the best, and that I also think is reasonable priced!

Before I forget: I am really getting tierd of these things, are we not on the same platform? Are we not working in the same kind of software? Are we not just interested in getting better all the time? Why make threads like this go so insanely off track? I just do not get that. Life is to short to argue all the time, relax and make good work instead, that is much more fun! And if one has tequila and some machines one can with ease also render more without waiting for LW to finish, instead make som more fun things

Also: http://www.digitaltoons.com/contacto.php on this page, not in the shop you can contact them directly.

Thomas M.
09-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Pal, probably I rowed my boat a bit too far offshore, but I did have the feeling that it smelled a bit fishy. For once I just read the thread on cgTalk before stumbling across your post, then the way that you used headlines and bold text, showed all the features in a long list. Also your name looks pretty similar to PayPal. I hope you can get my point without getting too angry. Hopefully you didn't take it personal. Sorry, if you did.

Cheers
Thomas

palpal
09-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Pal, probably I rowed my boat a bit too far offshore, but I did have the feeling that it smelled a bit fishy. For once I just read the thread on cgTalk before stumbling across your post, then the way that you used headlines and bold text, showed all the features in a long list and last but not least your company and the seller of the program are both based in Norway. Also your name looks pretty similar to PayPal. I hope you can get my point without getting too angry. Hopefully you didn't take it personal. Sorry, if you did.

Cheers
Thomas

Frist: My destanation is norway on the northern hemmisphere on the planet called earth, Digitaltoons is located in mexico city, that is a 12-14 hour airplane ride from oslo/norway. And as I stated earlier on, I just pasted info from their site. And me calling myself PALPAL has ofcourse nothing todo with one of the largest internet companies of today, PayPal. Please look at what you write here. Man that is just silly.

When that is said... If you need a node controller, I can by heart recomand Tequila Scream. If you do not have a render network, you can keep it in mind for later when you get one.

Last thing: Let the wave take you further, and I hope you all can post updates and tips about plugins in the future, plugins at the LW platform are usually quite non expencive and to me that makes our platform even better.

Thomas M.
09-03-2006, 02:23 PM
I better stop posting before I have proof that I'm neither senil nor suffer from any mental disorders. Until then I scream for Tequila.

UnCommonGrafx
09-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes, Thomas. This was suggested early on.

;)

ecgi
09-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Despite the wierdness of this thread, it is good to hear for other TS users. I have been using TS for a few months, running 24 processors day and night as we race to meet a deadline. TS had been an extremely powerful tool in managing renders. I ran screamernet for several years with great frustration. Now I can't imagine giving up managing twenty scenes in the que, taking individual processors on-and-offline mid render, and assigning individual processors to scens on the fly. Support has been great too, as the author answers email right away and seems eager to help. :)

elfworks
09-04-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm worse than those dudes, believe me. And actually you are right, I work for a consortium of network software developers who a scarred that Tequilla will take over the world. I'm in the taskforce which tries to give Tequilla sellers, users and everybody affiliated with Tequilla a bad reputation. This cries out for undercover work. Therefore no data in my profile. It's all top secret. Unfortunately I didn't work well in this thread.

Subtlety is the key, my friend.
Don't tip your hand too soon.... :)

BTW, you know what happens to guys like you blowing an agents identity?

An hour long interview on Fox news?
A presidential pardon?
A line of handbags?

:)

Sorry, ... the 'company' approved response would be:
"I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

You'll have about 24h left, to think about it ... Enjoy you last hours.

Hah! I expected more from your boys than idle thre

WE APOLOGIZE, BUT MR. FLOM IS NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.

PLEASE FORWARD ALL FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE TO: [email protected]

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE DISPERSE THE AREA.
NOW.