PDA

View Full Version : Uv's in Lightwave are still

peteb
08-22-2006, 03:33 PM
rubbish, when are they going to sort it out? Maybe it's me as I'm really surprised at the lack of complaints on this but I find them almost un-usable.

You create a map then you go to move the selelction only for it to still be tied in with some points (this is using free move) so you end up with a total mess across your screen. The subpatch stuff isn't displaying properly in the UV window either. If I create a planer map (using subpatch mode) say in the Y on some selected polys that are also facing Y. They display fine in the Perspective view but for some reason Lightwave is showing them in the UV window as if I selected some polys facing on the X but selected Y as the axis to map...if you see what I mean?
You also get loads of dots left where the map actually is.

So to sum up I think the UV's suck in Lightwave and although I think Lightwave 9 is a great improvment in many areas I can't believe this has been left untouched. Of course it could just be my graphics card which is a radeon 9800 so if anyone can clarify that?

Pete B

Bytehawk
08-23-2006, 05:24 AM
no you're not imagining things.

this must be one of those points on the todo list of the lw developers

Dodgy
08-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Nope, UV's need a good sort out soon :P

peteb
08-23-2006, 07:42 AM
I hope they are as thorough as what they've been on things like the Node editor.

I've discovered that it's using Catmull clark that causes the error in Subpatch mode. If I stick with the standard way it displays the UVs correctly.

Saying that the rest of it is still rubbish.

Pete B

mkiii
08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Modeler has been waiting for a good old shakeup since v 6.0

I must say that I was less than enthused to find out that 9.0 was still not going to be updated - short of adding a plugin or two.

I suppose we can but wait & hope it gets updated significantly before the next paid upgrade.