PDA

View Full Version : rendering error in 7.5

ddanger
02-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Howdy!

I am having a problem with one of my scene files. Every time I try to render an image sequence (regardless of what format the images are), I get "Image saver plugin failed to load." As such, I have to abort the render. I can render animations out of the same scene, but not image sequences. I reinstalled Lightwave, but to no avail. In any case, I'm not having this problem with any other scene file. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot the scene and possibly solve the problem?

Thanks!

Phil
02-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Check the scene file to see if the lines listed below match your other scenes. Something may have screwed up between the various scenes you have and this particular one.

(I chopped this from the dumpster Menithings scene)

RenderMode 2
RayTraceEffects 2
RayRecursionLimit 5
RayTraceOptimization 1
DataOverlayLabel
OutputFilenameFormat 1
SaveRGB 1
SaveRGBImagesPrefix Z:\Freak\Tests\Dumpster\v07\Dumpster_07.
RGBImageSaver LW_TGA24(.tga)
SaveAlpha 0

ddanger
02-18-2003, 12:36 PM
That didn't seem to do the trick. Here's the original scene data. I edited a backup copy to emulate yours, but got the same dialog box. Thanks for your help!

RenderMode 2
RayTraceEffects 0
RayRecursionLimit 16
RayTraceOptimization 1
DataOverlay 3
DataOverlayLabel Otter Animatic021703
SaveAnimationName D:\SNL\5000_Ghormley_Liang_MM\Lightwave_Work\Twin Otter\Animations\PingTest2.mov
OutputFilenameFormat 3
SaveRGB 1
SaveRGBImagesPrefix D:\SNL\5000_Ghormley_Liang_MM\Lightwave_Work\Twin Otter\Images\ZRadarPng_
SaveAlpha 0

Judas_Childman
02-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Try making a copy with just these bits removed:

SaveRGBImagesPrefix Z:\Freak\Tests\Dumpster\v07\Dumpster_07.

This will reset the Save RGB field in the render options panel so you will need to reselect the type and where to save.

Also try moving these two files to the recycle bin( make sure that all lightwave applications are closed when you do this including the hub):
LW3.cfg
LWEXT3.cfg

(now reopen the layout but do not load in your scene just yet)

this will reset the parameters of the layout and knock out your plugins so you will need to go to the Edit Plugins Menu (LAYOUT>PLUGINS>EDIT PLUGINS)

Click on SCAN DIRECTORY in the lower right of this panel. From the dialog that comes up look for your PLUGINS folder in the LightWave Folder and click OK

After the scan is done go back and scan the LSCRIPTS folder and then close the Edit Plugins Menu. This will reload all the plugins that come with LightWave. Now Remember to reset your CONTENT DIRECTORY in the GENERAL OPTIONS menu before reloading the scene.

L8tr

Wako
02-20-2003, 08:13 AM
I had a similar problem, but only trying to overwrite existing pictures. Deleting the previous render before saving was the solution.
Maybe some of your plugins are not correctly installed; try to re-scan your plugins directory

ddanger
02-21-2003, 10:41 AM
The suggestion to delete the RGB prefix line in a copy of the scene was the fix that did the trick. Thanks for all your help folks! Hopefully someday I can return the favor.