PDA

View Full Version : Node OutPut Preview

MiniFireDragon
08-22-2006, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if someone out there <pokes dpont> could create a Node that displays the numerical output of what you input.

I find when I am tinkering around (lie: programming) being able to see the value of what I am doing helps alot. I just don't know if this is possible.

jameswillmott
08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
The output depends a *lot* on where the input is ( in world space ) It's been discussed before and I don't think a practical solution was found. I just attach the output of the node I'm checking to the Diffuse Shading port, render, and read off the RGB values in the Image Viewer.

MiniFireDragon
08-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, i thought about how do u get the info on what u want.

There are two ways that come to mind. One way is to use 2 nulls to create a ray to point to the spot you have an interest in. Another way is to add one null and place it near the point on the surface u are interested.

Sensei
09-08-2006, 04:12 AM
If you don't need too much of precision feed scalar to gradient and assign different colors to different input values and connect output from gradient to surface color.. This will give you basic idea in what value range is in given location..

MiniFireDragon
09-08-2006, 07:50 AM
interesing idea.

Lightwolf
09-08-2006, 08:15 AM
There are two ways that come to mind. One way is to use 2 nulls to create a ray to point to the spot you have an interest in. Another way is to add one null and place it near the point on the surface u are interested.
How about a single click in VIPER that defines the spot to debug?

It would work for most surfacing cases... but not volumetrics of course.

Cheers,
Mike

MiniFireDragon
10-13-2006, 11:34 AM
That would probably work nice too!!