PDA

View Full Version : Ascroft

meshmaster
06-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Well, since this whole war thread is getting a little long, and this place seems to have become the place to discuss politics lately - Did anybody else watch Ascroft on C-Span yesterday? I have some respect for him since he is from my home state, but he does have some ideas that seem to be way out there, in my humble opinion...

sbrandt
06-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Why "humble" opinion?
I'm as conservative as they come.
I'm pro-gun, pro-life, pro-God, pro-Christ, anti-hollywood elite, pro-patriot, pro-constitution... and I think Ashcroft has his head in DEEP rectal defilade. He may be a practicing Christian, but he's also dangerous to Liberty. He's got his head screwed on straight in his relationship to God, but there's something wrong somewhere inside that head. Hyper-strong police powers could be ok in the right hands (no pun intended) but administrations change. Could you imagine the carnage if Janet "Nero" Reno had had the power that Ashcroft wants? There's NO WAY I want powers like that passed on to a Democratic administration ...shudder...

Ashcroft needs to be doing something he's good at. Like bagging groceries at Safeway. The sooner Ashcroft goes, the better.

lone
06-06-2003, 09:42 AM
yeah, the man is scary.

sbrandt
06-06-2003, 10:02 AM
...are the evil police powers he could potentially pass on to administratins that have no self control or real concern for the people they serve and have agends to furthur world federalism.

Jake
06-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Is it Ascroft or Ashcroft? Or maybe Asscraft?

sbrandt
06-07-2003, 10:49 AM
It's John Ashcroft.

meshmaster
06-07-2003, 12:45 PM
but sometimes seems more like A s s Craft.

sbrandt
06-07-2003, 01:10 PM
whatever

Meaty
06-09-2003, 07:24 AM
I watched it for about 2 hours, I thought General Ashcroft was very well prepared and answered the questions he was asked. He cleared up a lot of issues that have been floating around the news and collecting misinterpretations for a while. I can't wait to see him in front of the Senate Judiciary.

meshmaster
06-09-2003, 10:12 AM
where one of the questions was, "Do you consider us to be the enemy?" :)