PDA

View Full Version : MTV Movie Awards

mattclary
06-06-2003, 06:31 AM
Anyone see the MTV Movie Awards last night? My wife wanted to watch it, and it turned out to be pretty damn funny in places!

They gave an award for best virtual character, it went to Gollum, of course. They then put on camera the guy who does his voice etc, from the studio where he said they are still doing some work for the upcoming movie. As he's standing there with his trophy (a golden cup of popcorn), Gollum rushes out and snatches it saying, "Give me my precious", he then proceeded to go on a rant in typical Gollum fashion about various things, at one time mentioning "those pixel pushing d*cks" and having every few words bleeped out. It was freaking hilarious, I was rolling around in tears!

chuck.kahn
06-15-2003, 09:59 PM
I saw the show and was wondering who did the superhero "cel shaded" sequences and how they went about doing it.

Tristam
06-17-2003, 05:16 PM
superheros were done at mainframe in van. I assume its XSI then....

colkai
06-18-2003, 03:23 AM
Downloaded the Gollum "acceptance" from theonering last night, brilliant.
My wife sat there, mouth open, "How can they get away with so much swearing?" ;) Then she says, "Geez, they must have worked quick to put that together" (ever the artist :D)

That's a keeper - Peter Jackson "the F*cking Hack" OMG!

Did you see the clip at the end of Elijah Woods? - he looked gobsmacked :p

So funny, good to see they can laugh at themselves to - serious sense of humor. :cool: