PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush Displacement Node file?

GreyGhost
08-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Please can anyone tell me where I can import the ZBrush Diplacement Node File. I'm following a tutorial by Steve Warner called Zbrush to Lightwave [and back again] and have hit a brick wall when I was supposed to easily load this file which comes with LW9. Tried looking for it for at least two hours.

Help an unfortunate with your knowledge.
Thankyou.

Dodgy
08-21-2006, 05:08 PM
It's in the 2d texure list, Normal Image I think it's called...It has to be a tangent normal map though.

Darth Mole
08-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I couldn't find it anywhere on my Mac - I'm not convinced the LW9 install actually installs it (maybe it's a Mac thing). Anyway...

You can just load up the ZBrush example scene from the LW9 Scenes folder (Zbrush_Head.lws) and use that set-up.

Or just grab the file I exported here - unzip it and import this into the node editor and link the last one (Scale 1) to the displacement node. Then add your displacement map into the Image node.

mav3rick
09-28-2007, 05:17 AM
thank you dart mole!

bobakabob
10-02-2007, 05:28 AM
I found this confusing at first and so built it from scratch following Steve Warner's tutorial it doesn't take long but you have to tinker with the settings.

RedBull
10-05-2007, 02:23 AM
Tagging on to this thread,
Has anyone had issues with .PSD from ZB3 rendering in LW?

Here is a screengrab showing a .tif on the right and a .psd on the left, (low poly test render) obviously the PSD is not working well, it looks wrong in the preview and image editor too.

Also for those wishing to automate the process, i use the Surface Node Editor, with the node setup shown in the screen grab (it's a little simpler than the standard node setup used in the Displacement Node Editor, and works the same way)this allows me to just load a preset from the preset shelf, and i just load the image, and also allows me to stay and surface and displace in the one node editor.

Does anyone know of a way to modify the node setup to flip the ZB .tif vertically in LW, so i can avoid flipping it in Photoshop manually everytime i export.

cresshead
05-04-2009, 09:22 AM
thanks for that...yeah psd doesn't work with lightwave it just explodes the mesh...still not fixed in 9.6 either...opps!

lino.grandi
05-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know of a way to modify the node setup to flip the ZB .tif vertically in LW, so i can avoid flipping it in Photoshop manually everytime i export.

You can flip it in ZB directly. And use tif...

omegaend
09-23-2010, 01:41 AM
hi every1 i follow the stevewarner lecture for the tutorial lw to zbrush and back again
do i need to create both normal map n dislacement map?
i using lw version 9.5 is it ok to do it.
i very confusing ..pls help me

bazsa73
09-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Hi,
Here is my node setup I use for all my zbrush displacement.
(In the Multiply node you can set the strength of the displacement.)

omegaend
09-23-2010, 09:08 PM
thanks you bazsa73^^
i appreaciate it

bazsa73
09-23-2010, 10:42 PM
I just reconstructed it from the Steve Warner guide.