PDA

View Full Version : What does *this* button do?

regularfry
08-21-2006, 11:09 AM
In the menu configuration box, there are three commands under the File category that aren't selected, and don't seem to do anything when I bung them on the User tab and click them. They are Pre-Save, Pre-Load and Pre-Clean.

Anyone got any idea what they are? I'm guessing from the context that they're some sort of hook for running commands at Save, Load and Clean times, but they're not mentioned in the docs (as far as I can see), and I can't see how else I might make use of them...

Matt
08-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Wondered myself, no idea sorry!

BloodQuest
08-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Saw these in 8.5. Ben Vost at NewTek Europe reckoned they were some sort of hook for internal use accidentally "exposed" as plug-ins.

Or at least, that's what I think he was saying...

Maybe Chuck can confirm?

Simon

natha1
07-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Anybody find out the answer yet... they're still in 9.2

Jarno
07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
They are do-nothing commands. It appears their only function is to have a command go around the system to indicate that a scene is about to be saved, loaded, or cleared.

It was probably a way of telling master plugins of those events, as master plugins can listen to commands being executed. These days there are better ways for master plugins to be notified of those things.

---JvdL---

natha1
07-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Okay, that makes sense, thanks.

v1u1ant
07-30-2007, 10:15 AM
i thought id read somewhere that these buttons where used by the dev team for loading up plug-ins or something and that they just never took the buttons out.

redlum
08-01-2007, 12:37 PM
i thought id read somewhere that these buttons where used by the dev team for loading up plug-ins or something and that they just never took the buttons out.

. . .or they might have been put there just to see how long it would take for someone to start talking about it in the forum. Like a company bet at an office party. :D