PDA

View Full Version : I'm registered but lightwave doesn't recognize it...

Simon3D
08-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Ok, I recently purchased lightwave 8.5. I have registered lightwave online and I have my permenant license key... then I went to the applications folder and ran the 'register lightwave' program.

When I get to the screen that says enter your license key - I entered the key I recieved via email. However I am getting an error message saying it is in the wrong format. I have retyped it, and pasted it from the email but it is still not working.

What am I doing wrong? Newtek.com shows that the program is registered, but the registration program will not accept me license #....

BeeVee
08-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Try typing the key in by hand rather than copying and pasting it. Just to be sure, we are talking about the sixteen-digit number with each block of four separated by dashes like so: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

B

Simon3D
08-19-2006, 06:58 AM
yes, It is the 16 digit #.. I have tried typing it in by hand and it still does not work. Also, I am running mac os x - and using the 'register lightwave' app in the applications folder.

muir
08-31-2006, 06:32 PM
I have just tried to install LW9 and am having the same problem. If I copy or type in ther number with the dashes I get "wrong format", if i remove the dashes I get a message saying it's the wrong number of digits. If I manually replace the X's in the filed one by one XXXX-XXXX I still get a wrong format error.

I have used LW7, 8 and now 9 and never had this problem before - even with the beta version of 9.

Muir

BazC
09-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Try opening the License.key file with Text Edit it's in the programs folder of Lightwave. Make sure there is no other info but the license key and it should work.

Hope that helps - Baz

muir
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
thanks for the tip ... unfortunately that didn't work either ... still no reply from newtek tech support
Muir