PDA

View Full Version : evolver human app

cresshead
08-18-2006, 02:35 PM
http://www.darwindimensions.com/index.jsp

just been listening to a review on this week in media podcast..looks like a poser type app but database driven where you can evolve offspring etc..there's a few versions out there and a fre trial version too...made for a wide gammut of people from hobbyists to the film pro level....

just getting the trial as i write so ...we'll see!:D

T-Light
08-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Animation of the girl's really good, But I think the pricing's a little steep, especially when you can only render out so many models before buying more 'tokens' online.

$39 for the basic software that can't generate anything at all.
$49 for your custom basic mesh which you order online.
$1995 for the full character online (maps + different res figures)

They don't even give prices for the pro and the complete kits, but as I say, going by their pages, they'll want more money on top of that for additional character tokens.

Well, best of luck to them with it :thumbsdow

Thanks for the headsup Cress :) Looks an advanced bit of character development, Just not sure at all about their pricing structure. When you think you can get Daz Studio for free, and purchase full endomorph packs + high res bumps etc for less than maybe $50, I just don't think it's 'Special' enough.

T-Light
08-18-2006, 05:29 PM
neverko -

bleh... Poser+
:D
Daz models (some come free with Daz Studio) are limited in how they look. You have to buy morph packs to give you a range of human types, then buy high res maps of varying descriptions to get realistic textures. They're also limited in their resolution (about 90,000 poly's). The Darwin models seem to come in at four different resolutions for varying kinds of work. Which is GREAT, but not at $1995 a pop.

Nothing here to sway me from building my humans in LW, still well worth the extra effort. :)

DragonFist
08-18-2006, 07:05 PM
I think it looks great and could be a real time saver. However, that pricing structure really limits the client base and is not worth it in any case. It isn't really a tool to create models but a means to sell you models that you create at an extremely high premium.

Also, seems to be rather Maya specific with the Pro and Complete Versions requiring Maya Complete 7.0.

cresshead
08-19-2006, 03:49 AM
hi

just to uipdate...i've now installed the trial version...i was expecting something like that of 'facegen' but which was also capable of full body construction....well fr om the demo i feel this app is underpowered and very limited compared to say facegen, poser...the the pro price [$4995] is waaaay too expensive.

i'm not even sold on the $39.99 version as the u.i. is clunky and pushes you into corners..

nice try....but not for me.