PDA

View Full Version : questions about purchasing lightwave

borkus
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
i had a question about what version to buy for lightwave. would like to go with 9, but different places within this site say different things. one place said that you buy 8.5 and get a free upgrade to 9. but someone in this forum said that you don't. and what do you actually get with it. i found in one spot that said vue 5 infinite comes with it? be nice. infinite runs about $599. but other spots says nothing of it. something about a version 9 beta? bound and determined to go with 9. just wondering if it'll be $799 or more to get it. ordering next week, so i was hoping somebody could help me. thanks for any help. i desperately need it:bowdown:

mrunion
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
I belive you can only ever buy the LASTEST version -- in this case 9. I believe you missed the opportunity to get Vue5. Again, recheck on the site in the "Buy Now" section (from the menu at the top).

lightfoot97
08-18-2006, 01:35 PM
The bundle "LW 8.5 + Vue5i + Upgrd LW9" isn't valid anymore. I know this, because I got one of the last packages available (happy for me!).

And yes, I am pretty sure that now, that LW9.0 is officially available, there is no other way than purchase this full version. - Another way might be, if you buy an older version of LW second hand, and afterwards buy the upgrade to 9.0.

greetings