PDA

View Full Version : Screamernet II what?

hokeypokey
06-05-2003, 04:17 PM
How in the HELL does this screamernet actually work? I can't even get to point A!
Thanks,
Dave

Beamtracer
06-05-2003, 04:33 PM
A tutorial for you...

http://www.creativemac.com/2003/05_may/tutorials/screamer030515.htm

hokeypokey
06-05-2003, 06:48 PM
THANKS Beam! I'll let you know how I do.

Ade
06-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by hokeypokey
How in the HELL does this screamernet actually work? I can't even get to point A!
Thanks,
Dave

Hahahahhahahahahahhahah....err um..no luck here..

head worm
06-08-2003, 05:28 AM
Hi,

If you go to our website you can get a .PDF version of the tutorial we wrote for Creative Mac. Printing this out can be a help when running around your home/office trying to get machines to work.

Cheers

Head Worm
www.the-worms-of-art.com

Beamtracer
06-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks, HeadWorm. PDF is a great format for tutorials, as it keeps it all in one document.

Ade
06-08-2003, 11:45 AM
When I render with screamernet all i get is 8 seperate job file at 4 k each and some ack files... Wheres my render?

Zarathustra
06-09-2003, 12:54 PM
How many threads have there been on this?

My experience is that you HAVE TO GIVE A SPECIFIC PATH FOR JOB AND ACK.
Using the Worms of Art tut, their cmd line:
-2 -c"WOA_System:Applications:LightWave3D 7.5:Configs" -d"WOA_System:**PROJECTS**:the-worm" job1 ack1

should be this:
-2 -c"WOA_System:Applications:LightWave3D 7.5:Configs" -d"WOA_System:**PROJECTS**:the-worm" "WOA_System:**PROJECTS**:the-worm:job1" "WOA_System:**PROJECTS**:the-worm:ack1"

SNII on OSX never worked for me until I made the above change. I don't know how the "Worms" did it without the specific path.

Ade: So you're saying that Layout saw the nodes? Nodes wrote their ack files? You then rendered a scene and the nodes rendered?
Possible problems (sorry if some are simple and obvious):
1) check your original scene that it's set to save in the right place.
2) make sure it's a sequence, not a quicktime
3) watch the node and see if it says "writing rgb" after each frame
4) possibly the nodes aren't finding the config files, so they can't find the plugin (I can't believe this is a plugin!) in order to write your rgbs. This happened to me before back on os8. The damn thing will keep going with the renders, too, even though it can't write the files. No stoppage, warning, error or anything. Stupid.

That's all my thoughts on it.
Hope it helps.