PDA

View Full Version : Do Lightwave game assets really exist?

Lude
08-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi guys I am a firm believer in ďseeing is believingĒ and think maybe itís time people started a thread in which they just posted screens of levels, characters, props etc that have been built in Lightwave and used in games (I appreciate some people might not be able to do this due to legal reasons etc).

The reason I say suggest this is that Iím outside of the games industry tying to get in and I use Lightwave.

Now I will admit I currently have nothing to show myself but Iíve been reading the posts in here and some are great but I rarely see any actual models etc that prove to me that Lightwave is a viable option for the creation of game content (it should be).

So I would really appreciate it if people could post something to reassure us users tying to get to grips with game dev that it really can be done with Lightwave.

I realize this is a bit of a selfish post - donít flame me to much.

Thanks guys
Lude.

Lude
08-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Opps - Umm just spoted this thread

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54341

Still think it would be best just to get a thread going with screens from anyone just posted in it like the one's they have for Kray.

BeeVee
08-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Will this do? (http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/lake/1.html)

There are some other examples on those pages.

B

Lude
08-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah there great  but are there any Indy developers making good use of Lightwave. I’m more interested in what mortals like my self have been able to do rather than full blown studios.

Thanks for the quick response BeeVee.

Loved that game by the way.

mjcrawford
08-18-2006, 10:29 AM
check out WWW.beyondvirtual.com full game engine that imports LWO and LWS files! the engine is designed as a alternitive to Torque for indys... I downloaded the free version (fully funtional but you cannot create a exported stand alone game without paying) and I am playing around with it now... I think it has real potential...

BeeVee
08-18-2006, 10:32 AM
And you can get a plug-in for Torque that imports LWOs and LWSs as well, but like mjcrawford said you have to pay for it. There's a user on here called Krabbitworld if I'm not mistaken and she is using Torque and LightWave...

B

Lude
08-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Torque is the engine i plan to use especially now that the XNA program is coming and torque is going to support it.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11543/GarageGames-Showcases-Torque-Game-Engine-for-XNA/

This is all great but once again this thread is like most of the others a lot of talk (valuable talk) but no example images just to provide that bit of ďget up and go Ė this is doableĒ that Iíd like to see.

Again cheers guys really fast responses.

shrox
08-18-2006, 10:46 AM
I used Lightwave at Maxis and at Sega. Here are some pics of the characters I made in Lightwave for Sega's 10six. 10six is dead now, so sad...

http://www.shrox.com/10six.html

mjcrawford
08-18-2006, 11:05 AM
And you can get a plug-in for Torque that imports LWOs and LWSs as well, but like mjcrawford said you have to pay for it. There's a user on here called Krabbitworld if I'm not mistaken and she is using Torque and LightWave...

B

I did not know about the torque plug in, but one thing that bugs me is that if you download the torque 'demo' all you get is a few movies of finished product.. If I am going to pay $100 for Torque, another $200 so I can use shaders, $50 for lighting solutions, and so on I want to see what I can do with it, not what someone else already has.

I reserve judgement as to the merits of Beyond Virtual, (I only downloaded it a few hours ago) but at least for free you can download the entire solution minus the ability to export your final project (you can save a project, you just cant make it standalone) and within about 15 minutes, using the presets they include I had a basic FPS going... if the shaders, and importability of LWO and LWS files live up to the doc files, it could be a really powerful engine for a paultry $150

Lamont
08-19-2006, 12:34 AM
I'll be using LW a lot more next year (it's way faster for me to do what I do in LW than Maya). I use it for my home projects. And I used it a lot for the military sims I did at my old job.

When you start your portfolio, they look more at your skills and understanding of 3D art for games than the app you use. If they are looking to drop someone in the middle of a production that may not be the case and need someone who knows Maya/3DS Max/XSI and don't have the time to let you "get up to speed".

meshpig
08-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey, I'm asking myself the same question. I just bought the Indie version of Unity which I thought was better than Torque. It's little bit more expensive but not by much.

There is an immediate problem for us independant artist types who can't access openGL code and can't write it either, with the way LW deals with .fbx. Unity anyway doesn't do lwo.

I'm still using LW 8.0 but looking at modo 202. I agree LW is %100 percent more logical than Maya, which I find a little pokey and sort of lacking in conceptual resolution.

I'm still working on it, but LW doesn't communicate well with game object formats. (see my last post). The other thing is that LW is a bit of an overkill where it comes to low poly characters, from what I have seen. I mean it's almost easier to build a complex model in LW than it is a simple and effective one.

modo, which I am trialing at the moment is huge in that respect because N-gons mean a low poly object is more resolved as in you don't have triangles hanging off all over the place in terms of modifying .fbx models... none of which you notice in game renders anyway because they all get tripled.

Maybe we Lightwavers are just perfectionists?

:thumbsup:

R

Lamont
08-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Well, I like to manage how my objec triples, and low poly in LW is just as fast as any other. The only downside to lowpoly in LW is that Modeler doesn't have alpha's in the viewport!!

meshpig
08-19-2006, 03:00 AM
:agree: hence modo. Check it out! http://www.luxology.com/trymodo/

ItsPete
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
meshpig - it sounds more like you bought a model online in fbx and are having probs bringing it into lw because the orginal was made in maya or max (or other). i'm using lw8.5 and creating fbx files that unity likes without problem. so i'd guess it's really the mesh you bought not working with lw (and a flaw in fbx - it's supposed to be for transfering between apps! lol). unity and lw work ok.

side note... unity is a mac only environment atm but it will publish pc executables. haven't used beyond virtual but it sounds like a similar approach on the pc.

lude - here's something i've fooled with in unity. this doesn't have any animation it. it's purely driven by the physx engine. ain't much at this point. in fact it sux. controls are tough and there's no gameplay yet. art's not done and the bike's just a stand in... so no laughing! the day job takes too much d*mned time! anyway, having done this once, i could recreate it from scratch to here in around 2 hours i'd guess. started as a vue->lw->unity test which works fine but i didn't really need vue. you'll need the unity web player to run it but it should be pretty seamless to dl. should work on mac or pc in typical browsers. might be choppy on a weak machine. right click or control click to go full screen. wasd or arrows to drive. remember i said it sux already. so no need for you too! ;)

http://www.oculardgi.com/MountainLake.html

but really your question is can lw be used for games. sure it can! triangles are triangles. the problem you'll hit more is that you're talking about getting a job in vid games and most studios are using other packages. there are enough people to choose from who already know the package they're using. why hire an lw-er if maya is my pipeline? some shops care less than others - especially if they're using proprietary tools that you'd have to learn anyway. those shops look more for solid skills.

i'd say keep wavin but grab a copy of maya learning and whatever else you can find - xsi has a demo or learning version doesn't it? zbrush is another good one to learn. max would be good but i don't know that there's a demo/learning version. maybe gmax is close, if it's still available. but heck learn em all. outside of specialty stuff like zbrush, they're all pretty much the same - they make polygons and animate. it's just learning the difference between a material and a surface etc.

[edit... wow shrox! cool stuff you've worked on. glad you won the battle too!]

t4d
08-21-2006, 08:41 PM
I used Lightwave on this game i made afew years ago now
http://www.tucows.com/preview/299886

just a month or so of playing around with 3D game studio on a Xmas break.

Currently I'm working a a Much larger Commerical game using LW as one of the tools.:stop: ( that's all i can say really this is my Companies first major Commerical game project ) happy to talk more once it's released.;)

But for Game stuff LW is very well suit to it, they are some Plugin issues that have to be worked over eg- importing to your engine
but that's VERY normally when building a Game developement pipeline.

tho you should add Modo 202, Modeling is a joy but Painting and UV mapping in 202 is just SUPER !! :)

meshpig
08-22-2006, 03:34 AM
ItsPete...

Thanks for your effort and I looked at your game, on the contrary taking all this seriously ... here's my first attempt: ( ignore the home page ) they both suck!

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/melloew/

I'm using 8.0 and where it comes to fbx it seems to be ok but you can't do multiple takes from the one scene which I am led to believe is jusr 8.0's thing? I haven't tried splitting an animation form Unity yet but I suspect it will only read Maya files.

Learned a great deal in this little forum session, thanks indeed! ...bit of a trap though because haven't done much work in the meantime.

ColKai was saying the same positive thing about LW/Maya and games...

-Yes, I bought a nice character from Cubix for $20. Mostly for the convenience of the animation.

-Thomas 4d,

Thanks too for your input. Link looks good! I am just an indie, will be interested to see what you come up with.
Yes, modo 202 is a blast. It's a pity you can't trial LW 9.0 though?

Matt

t4d
08-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Can't really see a reason to Update to Lw 9 if you have Modo 202
I have both 202 and 9 and I was just happy my Game export plugin still worked in LW 9. I havn't used any of the LW 9 feature yet for games.

meshpig
08-22-2006, 05:55 AM
t4D

I guessed as much, just curious about LW 9.

M

ItsPete
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
hehehe they both do suck ;) but ain't it easy to do!

yeah i don't know about 8.0 fbx files. 8.5 will do multis that unity will take. joe was trying to get going on native lw support. chilton emailed him last night. so maybe there's hope! what do you mean splitting an animation from unity? do you mean breaking your animations out as single files ([email protected] etc)? that "should" work from lw via fbx (again not sure on 8.0). and yeah, you never really know how it's going to work when buying a model. there are so many variables. especially with skeletal animation. maybe some of that was fixed in the 8.5 fbx plugin? probably best to look for native lw files if you can find them.

modo looks cool but i have everything i need atm. *except i want zbrush really bad!* so i haven't done more than looked at modo. but true lw9 features don't much change my workflow. later in the cycle if they get to looking at animation or uv tools it may. but really it seems more focused on a revamp of the core. some of the stuff like edge tools i'm sure are useful. i haven't jumped in yet mainly because of being unsure on fbx support and not having time to test. that and 8.5 ain't broke.

anyway good luck to all! and i'll stop my thread hijack now!

meshpig
08-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Unity will reimport from Maya using a single .mb file ... as in frame 1-55 is idle, 56-100 walk etc.

Same thing as [email protected] but using just the one scene file.
Been putting Maya off for ages. Wasn't nuts about the modeling when I first got it.

Yes, sorry to expose you to that. I made it in half an hour on the first go of Unity mainly to see how it worked in the browser.

:) M

shrox
08-23-2006, 10:02 AM
[edit... wow shrox! cool stuff you've worked on. glad you won the battle too!]

Thanks Pete.

mkiii
08-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I've been using LW to create game content & characters for the last 8 or 9 years now. All for the same company. I am still after all that time the only one in the company that I know of, using it to make game related objects.

The reason for this is pretty clear. No support.

Barely any coders that even know of its existance, and even less that would be willing to try & code the needed plugins & conversion tools needed to shoehorn it into our pipeline.

Max has cornered this market, with Maya tagging along behind.

Modeler is the KEY tool here, and it has been badly neglected for far too long. Maybe if NT got around to updating modeler so it has the sort of tools & export options that other apps have for game creation, it can make more headway into this lucrative market. & I don't mean some OGL improvements & a bunch of new plugins to compete with the tools already there, but a suite of proper interactive tools that don't require the user to jump through too many hoops.

shrox
08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I've been using LW to create game content & characters for the last 8 or 9 years now. All for the same company. I am still after all that time the only one in the company that I know of, using it to make game related objects.

The reason for this is pretty clear. No support.

Barely any coders that even know of its existance, and even less that would be willing to try & code the needed plugins & conversion tools needed to shoehorn it into our pipeline.

Max has cornered this market, with Maya tagging along behind.

Modeler is the KEY tool here, and it has been badly neglected for far too long. Maybe if NT got around to updating modeler so it has the sort of tools & export options that other apps have for game creation, it can make more headway into this lucrative market. & I don't mean some OGL improvements & a bunch of new plugins to compete with the tools already there, but a suite of proper interactive tools that don't require the user to jump through too many hoops.

I agree. I have been using LW for a decade, and it has never been seriously concidered as a format programmers would write for. I model in Lightwave, export as a 3DS file, then texture in Max. Ugghh!

ItsPete
08-23-2006, 05:53 PM
meshpig, very true lw is not nearly as convenient as the mb format in unity. you also can't double click the fbx in unity and have it open in lw. if you have troubles with multis then you'll probably want to use the @ method or buy maya (or wait). i haven't worked with animation in unity for a while but in the past i have gotten multis in through fbx. i can't remember exactly how it exports. i remember it was something goofy. whatever it was, it was a pain but not too bad. here's to hoping joachim works out native lw support. you've inspired me to get off my butt and work on the animations i need though! i'll let you know if i come across any insights.

you're welcome, shrox! sorry bout max! ;)

mkiii, i agree too but even for hobbiests there's blender, milkshape etc etc. and with maya and max dominating the commercial market, you got to wonder if it is lucrative for nt. i imagine it'd be pretty tough to get a real big foothold. i'm just happy the route i chose has an lw pipeline that isn't too tough. i'm only a hobbiest though and obviously don't have to answer to a shop.

[edit: but i also don't think the lack of support is on nt's part. it's that the big engines were built around max. who knows. maybe someone will make a hit with beyondvirtual.]

>>i'll stop my thread hijack now!
guess i lied!

meshpig
08-24-2006, 02:15 AM
IsPete...

Thanks dude, I don't answer to any shop either.

:thumbsup:

M

ItsPete
08-24-2006, 07:27 PM
rock on with thy bad self! :thumbsup:

roboanarchy
08-28-2006, 02:06 AM
I also have been using lightwave to create game content for about 7 years, we are working on a new 360 shooter similar to Descent. This was all modelled in layers in lightwave and converted to one X file with deep exploration. Our engine splits the x file into prefabs automatically.

http://psion.sonicwave.biz

Warning the full size pics are 5mb uncompressed bmp's

turbo
08-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi guys,

We are still using Lightwave for our game KrabbitWorld Labyrinth (http://www.krabbitworld.com/welcome.px).
All assets were, in fact, created and animated in Lightwave.

As for engine/exporter support it's time to bug NewTek about Collada!

We are designing our own brand new game engine to deliver a higher quality version of KWL.

All owners of KWL will upgrade to KWL R2 for free. :) ... linky (http://korner.krabbit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2126&sid=3c6ba1b2bcc2239324bda50af2b1d760)

Defmetal
08-31-2006, 10:18 PM
We exclusively use Lightwave on our games at www.evilgamers.net
Currently we're using Lightwave to make "The Wheel of Time: Age of Legends" under contract.

GandB
09-01-2006, 06:56 PM
We're starting our first commercial release in a few weeks; I'll be using Lightwave for it as well. It's a 2D shooter using Torque Game builder. I'll be making quite a few 2D renders of 3D objects, as well as animation of some entities. There's not much else to say about it right now, as I'm still finishing up the intial design document and concept work. I'm the only artist on an Indy team of 3.

-Keith

cobaltman
09-05-2006, 11:22 AM
I am still waiting for Pimtool to come out. It looks like it would be the most promising if you intend to keep it simple with little (or no) scripting. It is also integrated into LW itself.

Blender is also a good pick since it is freeware, but it has its limits. It can import LWO files.

As for scripting engines, there are a variety of them on the web. I think 3Impact looks very good and it can also use LWO. It has some nice graphic and surround sound abilities. I intend to try it whenever I get good at scripting.

SirToastaLot
09-09-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm working on a small indie-developed RTS game that's using the Torque v1.4 game engine. Its model exporter accepts the usual 3D Studio Max and Maya files but I was glad to see that Lightwave was also a compatible modeling program.
The team leader still wants me to switch to 3D Studio Max though... :(

James Edwards
09-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Sorry, but PIM is all about scripting in fact. It is very nicely integrated with LW, but basically as a realtime renderer mainly. If you want any sort of interactivity such as what you see in games, I'd recommend learning to use jscript right away. =]

tyrot
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
dear james...

this is what i do :) learning javascripts...and amazed by PIM's direction..Sorry James but after what i witnessed from my first beta-testing week, calling PIM just a renderer ....hmmm ..... .... nope. It is not...just a renderer.

dear sirtoasta Lot..
(CARCASS rules btw) Do not switch to anything:) I am telling you and all other WildHeartedSons(sorry indies) do not SWITCH to anything before Seeing PIM. Pim will CHANGE everything.

I tried and modded in almost every engine (jupiter,unrealed,doom3) and many indie engines (Beyond Virtual and many others) ...what i see if you have a good JavaScripter in your Team...PIM will turn Lightwave into a 3d Engine. I cant tell you more. I just started to try and understand PIM.

Enki (pim's author,coder) one of a kind programmer. I have seen talented programmers, i worked with them, i supported them, i paid them but ENKI surPASSES all. He as a programmer not only has an amazing imagination but also a making dream-like features like easiest tasks.

He is telling me something, i m trying to understand, i say "no way..it is NOT possible"
He is showing me an example...and i m losing that night with a different look on my face. Waking up my girlfriend and trying explain her what has just happened. Why PIM will make my dreams come true, WHy Lightwave will take over Indie Game arena (SCREENSHOTS are NOT indie, ok...I hope i dont get punishment but i saw screenshots insanely complex, DOFed, even better than some of TOP notch games)...

I wanna even write every single detail about it , but i CANT because Enki updating it with insane speed.

All indies, all arch vizers, all interactive content creators, and all my fellow GAME freak Lightwavers who forced to switch other applications for exporting, editing, animating...,

DO NOT SWITCH to anything, YOUR TIME IS COMING. YOUR LIFE WILL BE PIMed.

And
Just a side note, I am working on two demo Levels within PIMed-Lightwave ...and my long delayed gamecompany project will be actived. (I was gonna use BeyondVirtual and trying to hunt coders...After seeing PIM, I buried Beyond Virtual into my engine graveyard. I was sick of trying to export animations from LWS, in BV's editor.

But with PIM..it is hard to believe i know but, ALL I EXPORT is AN EXE FILE !!

James Edwards
09-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Tyrot: I meant that if you aren't doing any scripting with it then yes it pretty much amounts to being a realtime renderer. It's the scripting part that really opens up a whole new realm of possibility with PIM. I've been working with realtime engines for over a decade, both professionally and 'off the clock' and I'm more excited about PIM than anything else I've seen or worked with. Mainly because I also work in jscript, but am first and foremost an artist and animator. I am not a programmer though, and yet with PIM I will probably be able to realize my own personal projects entirely on my own with it, both realtime, interactive, and Pre-rendered using PIM's realtime tools and scripting capability.

As a hobbyist tool, it will probably revitalize the concept of garage games - the kind you can make by yourself.

As a professional story-telling tool it will open up huge possibilities in pre-vis, machinima, and NPR type animation by speeding up the process immensely.

As a realtime, interactive 3d interface tool or a virtual world building toolkit it will also take us huge leaps forward in what is possible for the average user.

I've been working with it for a few months now myself and have nothing but praise and gratitude for what Enki has accomplished so far.

tyrot
09-11-2006, 04:22 AM
dear james

as a (half pro) gamer i enjoyed, played within your Lightwave arts for years. I have also great respect to you as an artist... Sorry for jumping so fast into subject... But i jumped in for a reason. Should or could i write this down but I believe PIM will have its own editing modules for Jscripts. You know that beautiful UnrealEd's or Jupiter's attritbutes editors. Think about the workflow...

What was hard for me to grasp, PIM is a system that handles its own Plugins,Editors,DLL whatever you can dream of. So when we have those attributes editors just like Unrealed, we may hardly need any Jscript for a basic indie-game.

So if an indie game invest on Lightwave, they will have their development platform and 3d engine with lots of editing ability. What you see in PIM's preview will be in your Game....coolest thing .

BEST

09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Tyrot: I hear ya. =]

I've been suggesting a few 'modules' to Enki that I'd like to see myself. ;]

It is such a wonderful thing to no longer have to export your work to a proprietary engine format, load up that engine/editor, find your files, prep them for viewing or plugging them in to the game so you can see them and then having to study them for errors, go back to your 3d application, tweak, reexport and repeat.

PIM is definitely the closest I've ever come to WYSIWYG with game work. I have no doubt that other 3d software companies will be scrambling to provide PIM-like functionality for their own programs once they see what Enki has achieved.

ItsPete
09-14-2006, 01:44 AM
dear james and tyrot,

i love that you're so cordial. sadly, i'm not. ;)

yeah pim sure looks exciting. it's great! well by the praise i've heard. i haven't used it. i sure will check it out when it's finished or more public.

i like my mac... will it work? too lazy to check myself. think i put it on the back burner because a) it wasn't ready/public and/or b) not mac happy. don't remember though. i decided on unity for now.

unity is similar except of course that it's a different app that you have to pipeline. but it's really great. still needs some stuff they're adding in upcoming versions and it's mac only though. but it's c# or jscript and you're rolling. plus your own c/c++ plugins will work with the pro version. you can pretty much do proof of concept level stuff in a day. ok maybe longer if it's complex but really i've been more productive with it than anything else i've tried. and the devs are great. yep me is hobby/indie and pimpin the u.

meshpig
09-14-2006, 02:07 AM
- good going pete, pimp the u and "rock on with thy bad self" !!!!

ItsPete
09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
:d

Lito
09-14-2006, 10:27 AM
So has there been any word on an approximate release date? I haven't heard anything new about PIM till I noticed this thread.

t4d
09-14-2006, 08:04 PM
PIM is definitely the closest I've ever come to WYSIWYG with game work. I have no doubt that other 3d software companies will be scrambling to provide PIM-like functionality for their own programs once they see what Enki has achieved.

they already have, the world is a big place.

I will be buying pimp for sure
But I'm looking at getting this connect for 3DGS.

Direct link to Video (http://www.softimage.com/downloadsrv/process.asp?file=/Videos/NFT50/10_XSI_Game_Example_and_dotXSI_5.0.wmv)

Direct link to page ( just incase that video link didn't work) (http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/video_tour/default.aspx)

James Edwards
09-14-2006, 09:18 PM
The CDH isn't quite the same thing. It's really just another game engine (a very limited demo one at that) with the added benefit of running inside XSI. It is still subject to all the limitations and dependency on coder/artist interaction to make anything decent happen within it - as that uninspiring video aptly demonstrates. It's more of an example of what you could use the CDH for if you were willing to throw enough resources at the problem.

PIM is more about freeing the artist/designer from the constraints of a typical realtime environment to focus on defining your own assets, behaviours and events without any rules other than the ones you need or want to define. It's more about making it up as you go rather than being given a specific engine and then being forced to work within it's own technological limitations. As everyone knows, the fewer the limits you want, the more you pay for the engine. PIM does away with that scale for the most part - or at least warps it in a major way (this is a good thing).

As a prototyping tool or story telling device (like a badass machinima engine) it leaves everything up to you without forcing you into the narrow confines of a game engine. Use whatever tools LW provides and just make stuff.

I'm not sure I'd want to use it to make a full fledged game (YET), though it certainly is possible as I've played some of the games Enki has built with it. I'm much more interested in realtime tools that will let me prototype stuff quickly without having to worry about what the engine will or won't let me do.

Let the programmers worry about that after you sign a publishing deal based on a badass demo of what you created in PIM. =]

t4d
09-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the Info James =)

I'm nearing the end of production on a commercal game using 3DGS,modo, LW, XSI.

and it's time to start thinking about the next project and what options are out there for it.

I can get a Great connect to 3GDS using a new Maya plugin
but i would have to buy Maya.
& Max has a nice plugin too but agian have to buy it.

XSI has options, but i need to pay to get the connection coded the demo excited me =)

Pimp looks Great but I am mainly looking at game type projects.

I have no problem with any of the apps with Content & character etc
it's more level creation and editing that i want Inside a good 3D app.

I hope pimp does the magic I would love to edit levels in LW =)

mdoyle
09-15-2006, 04:25 AM
I have to agree on the above posts about what the future of PIM will be. After using and testing it and righting our own modules to do different things then the possibilitties I can see are endless with it. I have been using jscript for a while now too and my clients and my work has to talk to databases, scorm compliant servers and even run online over the web and be secure for public and government sectors. PIM has all of this and its great that you will be able to get hands on an engine that can work from installed on a pc as well as running online. I have spoke to enki about and the stuff he is working on right now are great and I can't wait to get my hands on to test the new features but the only downside I have so far with the programme is its physics or lack of. I have been assured that this will be there at some point.

It is an app that a casual user and a indepth user can both get great resutls from and quickly.

roboanarchy
09-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Do nodes show up in it?

Qslugs
09-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Lightwave was used at Studio Gigante for modeling on Wrestlemania 21 and Tao Feng fist of the Lotus. Both Xbox games. There was probably a good 15 artists just doing the modeling. For whatever reason Newtek does not have them listed in their projects list.

mdoyle
09-18-2006, 03:17 AM
Do nodes show up in it?

At the moment, nodes are not used in it, but am sure that will probably changed soon :D

KiteGlider
10-05-2006, 07:50 AM
HI,

I'm using Beyond Virtual (beyondvirtual.com previouly mentioned in this thread), and Conitec 3D Game Studio to produce realtime technical visualizations of Lightwave scenes and objects.

You could look into "serious gaming" market for the creation of educational and training content.