PDA

View Full Version : LW9 Plugins in XCode

dwnylen
08-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Are there any instructions for developing plugins via XCode (or gcc directly)? I would presume that they just need to be dynamic libraries (.dylib) that export the proper symbols, but the default plugins suggest otherwise.

petrockproducti
08-18-2006, 08:57 AM
This question is of interest to me as well. In fact I just googled this topic, results were nil, so I came here to ask the same question.

jeremyhardin
08-19-2006, 11:50 AM
plugins can't be developed in xcode yet. LW must first be universal binary. It seems this will happen in the near future though.

Though I've toyed with trying to get something compiled now, just so I can get the flow of it for when the xcode compiled plugins will work.

petrockproducti
08-19-2006, 02:26 PM
What is the preferred OSX development environment, then? I've noticed that Codewarrior is no longer available.

jeremyhardin
08-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Codewarrior is the standard, though as you said, it's still unavailable.

petrockproducti
08-19-2006, 04:45 PM
This really stinks. I would like to learn development. XCode won't work with LW, I can't get a server.lib to compile in MPC. No wonder there isn't more development on the mac. Newtek doesn't really support it.

jeremyhardin
08-19-2006, 04:56 PM
server.lib compiled fine for me with MPW (as per the sdk instructions). I've compiled a couple of things in it. But it requires Classic and is stupidly picky with what it allows.

Xcode should work soon, methinks.

petrockproducti
08-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Huh, I may be missing quite a bit, but it wouldn't create a makefile for me and complained that it couldn't recognize the .c filetypes.

Then again, I can't get any of the SDK samples to compile in VC++ express, on my PC. So I imaging that there is quite a bit of user error going on in my head vs. wall method of programming.

dwnylen
08-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I take it that the problem is that CFM applications (which LW is, according to the compile instructions) can't link against standard dynamic libraries (.dylib)?