PDA

View Full Version : Questions

mark2mark
08-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Hello.

I have just purchased Lightwave 3D (It's on the way). I know that just Lightwave by itself will not be capable of doing the things I need it to do. I need plugins or applications that will work with Lightwave that will do the following:

Fluid Simulation

Rag Doll Dynamics

Behaviour System

Crowd Simulation (Capable Of Battles)

I am on a budget too. The most important ones are Crowd Sim and Rag Doll Dynamics. Thanks for your help.

Penforhire
08-15-2006, 05:49 PM
"Rag doll dynamics" sounds like ClothFX built into LW.

mark2mark
08-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I am not sure what ClothFX is, but what I need is like a virtual stuntman. In 3DS Max, you can apply Ragdoll to a character, and reocrd motion of you throwing your character around.

mark2mark
08-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Are there any cheap programs/plugins for fluid sim, crowd sim, and behavior systems.

mark2mark
08-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Also, is there a 3D camera tracker you can get for Lightwave. Along with fluid sim and crowd sim, this is the most important. Please help!

Silkrooster
08-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Hmm. I think rag doll may be a new idea to lw users. Perhaps sock monkey is similar, I never used sooo, I am guessing.
Fluid similations, we can get close with the current hypervoxel/dynamics but making a fluid fill a glass is a little way off yet. But it can produce running water, water spray, smoke. Texture displacements can make a decent ocean current. Crowd simulation, I am not sure on yet. I need to check out relativity and see how that works. I heard Instancing is on its way in one of the point releases, which will help dramatically with crowds. In the mean time there is a instancing plugin available http://www.happy-digital.com/instance.asp
In the mean time check out the dynamics videos and see if they can fullfill your requirements or the proximity of anyways. http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/videos_archive.php
For plugins you can do a search on flay.com
Hopefully this will help,
Silk

meaty-btz
08-17-2006, 08:52 PM
dynamite is what you need for fluid simulation and dynamics under LW