PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust Issues

RedBull
08-15-2006, 12:48 AM
I notice some problems with Pixie Dust...
When using a particle emitter it works fine...
When using a Single point poly, Null or Object, it seems to be ignored.

1) Load Object: (in my case a starsphere of singlepoint polys)
2) Add Pixie Dust Plugin:
3) Open Viper: - (Notice no preview is available even when increasing size)
4) Open HyperVoxels and Activate the same object (Viper should preview HV)
5) Close the HV Panel, and Uncheck the the checkmark near HV in the volumeteric panel, and click on Pixie Dust, now clicking Viper Render:
You should now have Pixie Dust show the preview in Viper. (Yippeee)

Anyone know why it's not showing in the first place?

I'm not sure why this is, it seems like HV is flagging the object as a volumeteric that Pixie Dust then reads as useable...
Regardless it should not be necessary to do this.

Also i hope a NodeEditor is included for the next release, DPont showed how quickly and easy it is for this to be added, i think all volumetric plugins

And while we are here, Pixie Dust is the only volumetric plugin not to be interactive with Viper in realtime... For example after i make a change, i need to manually hit Viper Render to see the change, I should not need to do this.
GroundFog, Hypervoxels and most other volumetric plugins will interact in realtime without the need for manual interaction.

I also notice there are no presets included for Camera's, Pixie Dust, GroundFog, HV Deformer and a host of others, really looks a little unpolished really. I hope if NT release a demo version they address this for new users.

Karmacop
08-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Yeah it's weird, I thought pixie dust would be able to replace SPP rendering but I didn't test it. I guess this is a feature they didn't think about?

RedBull
08-15-2006, 02:48 AM
It's strange i can get it to work with SPP when i trick it with HV though...

It does seem like something was forgotten, i can't use a Null item at all,
but other objects will work in Viper with Pixie Dust as long as you trick it to do so.. Dunno i guess it's another one to add to the to do/bug list.