PDA

View Full Version : Edit Keyboard Shortcuts

kiwi dave
08-13-2006, 10:37 PM
I've just assigned 'control F1' to 'select loop' in modeller. The appropriate symbol appears next to 'select loop' in the menu, but when I hit the key nothing happens.

Can anyone solve my keyboard shortcut blues?

Cheers

Dave

PS I'm on a mac running lightwave 8.5

Silkrooster
08-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Are you sure this is shortcut problem? Does it work when you click on the tool in the menu?
things to keep in mind for the tool to work. There must be a true loop, in other word it won't work on a partial loop. More than on poly or point needs to be selected for it to find the loop.
Silk

kiwi dave
08-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi Silkrooster, the select loop function is working perfectly - unfortunately the same can't be said for the keyboard shortcut :(

Karmacop
08-14-2006, 08:42 AM
The shortcut works for me on windows. Maybe it's a mac bug?

gatz
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
There are some key commands that the system commandeers. Check the system prefs > keyboard & mouse > keyboard shortcuts. That said I've had some some commands that simply didn't work (opt + L didn't, opt + m did) and I couldn't find any conflicts.

Silkrooster
08-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I am wondering if the config file was corupted. This has me stumped. But then again I don't own a mac, so I don't know of any of the bugs in the mac version of LW.
Silk

kiwi dave
08-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Gatz wins the prize for this one. I simply changed the keystroke to 'option a' and it works perfectly.

Go figure.

Dave