PDA

View Full Version : "mesh could not be generated at current suddivision" error

JGary
08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Trying to render a large image of a mesh using a displacement map with pixel per polygon set to 1. Getting the following error when rendering "The mesh could not be generated at current subdivision. The level will be reset to one." I have 3gb of ram and the task manager shows my ram usage getting to around 1.5 gb or ram usage before I get this error. Any ideas what's giving me this error? Any help appreciated.
Jgary

JGary
08-13-2006, 02:52 PM
And, after clicking "ok" on that error box, another pops up that says "Not enough memory for object polygon data". As I stated on the last post, my task manager shows total system memory usage at only around 1.5 gb out of 3 gb when this error occurs.

Oh yeah, I'm using LW 9.

IZZE
08-13-2006, 08:15 PM
I get the same problem. I think you need to change the Segment Memory, but I have not tested this yet. I'm sure I may be wrong on this, but I cant think of what else to do.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43324&highlight=memory+configuration

RedBull
08-13-2006, 09:52 PM
And, after clicking "ok" on that error box, another pops up that says "Not enough memory for object polygon data". As I stated on the last post, my task manager shows total system memory usage at only around 1.5 gb out of 3 gb when this error occurs.

Oh yeah, I'm using LW 9.

It would be just your memory..... Most applications are capped by windows at 2GB, which means your pushing it's limits..... That 3Gb is likely not accessd by LW..... (you could maybe try and use bintools, to make LW 3GB aware) Or use LW64 to do your displacements.....

Although it's 1.5GB the other 300-500 is required by Windows and LW.
There are numerous things you can do to reduce the resources windows is currently using at the time too. Otherwise increase your limit above 1. NT Should of already made LW9 3Gb aware, but it seems not.
(Lowering your segment memory can help the framebuffer size LW users, but often it's running out of memory before this, in your case)

bryphi7
08-14-2006, 12:02 AM
It would be just your memory..... Most applications are capped by windows at 2GB, which means your pushing it's limits..... That 3Gb is likely not accessd by LW..... (you could maybe try and use bintools, to make LW 3GB aware) Or use LW64 to do your displacements.....

Although it's 1.5GB the other 300-500 is required by Windows and LW.
There are numerous things you can do to reduce the resources windows is currently using at the time too. Otherwise increase your limit above 1. NT Should of already made LW9 3Gb aware, but it seems not.
(Lowering your segment memory can help the framebuffer size LW users, but often it's running out of memory before this, in your case)

I don't know if LW is 3gig aware, but I do know that after I did the 3gig switch on my system I was able to load and render scenes that were not possible before...The most I got to render before I did the 3gig switch was around 7mil and after 11mil... this is on win 32

JGary
08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll have to render with more segments and see if this works. Just a little surprised that I'm running out.

umstitch
08-15-2006, 04:47 PM
i have 3gb in my machine and run with the 3gb/switch in win xp, lw9 shows just under 2.9gb free in the statistics window, whereas lw85 would show approx 2gb free.

i usually have a 2.5gb pagefile on a seperate drive, and rarely hit these memory issues un awares:lwicon: