PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Lightwave Movies Help

Realimagesvideo
08-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Hello all,

I can view a few of the Lightwave 9 tutorials from Proton but every once in a while I get "Quicktime needs download a 3rd part component plugin" to view a few videos. I click over to Quicktime site and there a quite a few 3rd party plugins to chose from. Which one do I need in order to view the Lightwave 9 videos? Thanks!

toby
08-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm guessing you're on a Mac? Try downloading this codec :
http://www.3ivx.com/
It allows you to play a surprising amount of movie formats. This should take care of it. If it's an AVI and still plays badly, run the video through Divx Doctor II.

VLC ( Video Lan Client, google it ) and MPlayerOSX are also handy.

Realimagesvideo
08-13-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm actually on a PC. I downloaded 3ivx and it didn't work either. Other suggestions? Captain Proton where are you? What codec are you guys using??

MooseDog
08-13-2006, 11:04 AM
try techsmith codec, i seem to remember that he uses that for alot of his screen captures.

Realimagesvideo
08-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Well...MooseDog that was helpful. I was able to view additional videos. I'm stubborn and I can't view LW9 PivotPoint Video. More suggestions are welcome for more codecs. Thanks all.

SP00
08-14-2006, 11:39 AM
if you go to the end of the page and press the video archive link. You will see all the codec you need to install there. They need fix that page so people know this.