PDA

View Full Version : LW9 with LW8?

adrian
08-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I downloaded my upgrade of LW9 the other day but as yet have not installed it due to an ongoing project and going through the Inside LW8 book.

For all you savvy LW9 users, do you know if I can install LW9 whilst at the same time still being able to use LW8 on the same machine? It sounds like LW9 is a lot different from 8 so I think it would be a good idea to have the old version to fall back on. Does that make sense? In other words, will installing LW9 overwrite LW8.3?

gerry_g
08-12-2006, 09:53 AM
As every one on the Beta team ran both 8.5 and 9 concurrently I would say that's a big yes, I have 7.5d, 8.5 and 9 all on the same machine. On the Mac at least it (LW9) installs within a folder called Newtek so as to differentiate itself from previous versions, the only caveat to all this is don't run two hubs from two different versions at once or its possible you may corrupt their respective configs

adrian
08-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Ok, thanks for the info. I never run the Hub anyway so no worries there....

Silkrooster
08-12-2006, 04:40 PM
The hub is not an issue, unless you are running both versions at the same time. Each version "remembers" which hub to use. Before switching versions, make sure the hub has been closed down.
Silk