PDA

View Full Version : Reg key does not work and other questions

Blaine91555
08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I had no problems with the temp keys for the beta. I had to leave for a few weeks and just now tried to install the latest build. The new permanent key does not work. I followed the instructions the same as before. No luck. I'm following the same procedure as for the temporary keys. Rebooting makes no difference and yes I deleted the configuration files. I also tried pasting directly to the key file and that does not work either. I'm open to any ideas. I need to do some work this weekend and I doubt I can get an answer from support today. Thanks

If I uninstall 8.5 are they any instructions for reinstalling the content to 9? Someone asked this on an earlier string but was ignored. Does that mean no one knows?

ChrisPitts
08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
For clarification purposes, you should probably give us a call at 210-341-8444. It sounds like it could be one of a couple of things, and it will be much faster to talk in real time.

Cheers.

Blaine91555
08-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks

Blaine91555
09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I called and tried out the suggestions with no luck. No matter what I do the reg wizard accepts the key but it tells me the key is expired when I open LW. I tried reentering the key from inside the software and that does not work either. I tried starting over with the dongle in and out no luck. I made sure the other files following the instructions for the beta keys were removed as well with no luck. The key on my registration page must be bad or something. Its hard for me to call during the available hours from home. I can't get away from work. I've pretty much given up. Anyone else have the same problem? I had no trouble with the beta keys, just with the permanent key. I'd love to use 9 but with Newtek's hours for support I'm in a real dillema. It would cost me hundreds to take part of a day off right now. I just emailed support but last time I tried that with V8.5 I never did get a response which was strange.

Blaine91555
09-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Nothing from the email? I'm taking part of Friday off to call.