PDA

View Full Version : simplylightwave.com

erich
08-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Anyone know what happened to this site? It seems to have gone done for the past few days. Can anyone access it?

GregMalick
08-11-2006, 01:57 PM
I just sent a message to emac4.
He has some tutorials on that site and should know.

KorbenD
08-12-2006, 03:34 AM
There's an Apache webserver placeholder page at www.simplylightwave.com and www.simplymaya.com. Looks like they've had a server crash. They'll probably be back up again within a few days.

At least, I hope so. I really like their tutorials and want to buy the few I don't have yet. :)

Miles
08-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Anyone know what happened to this site? It seems to have gone done for the past few days. Can anyone access it?
I would wager they're down while they sort out having been hacked in one form or another...

By that I mean, last week email filters here started seeing an increase in spam of various sorts and one thing I do to detect where they get started/generated from is setup an email address/account specific to the various forums I register with so if/when such activities start I can tell which forum's servers have compramised my (and other users) email address(es). I traced the majority of spam coming in last week from the Simply Lightwave assigned address and therefore informed the "admin" of the site ASAP. Nothing changed right away, but aside from just trashing the lame sex, medication, fake goods, gambling, etc., etc. spam I made sure to forward several "Phishing" emails pretending to be from ebay, PayPal, etc. wanting me to enter personal (account access, credit card, etc.) info via a fake web site... Again, I forward those emails to both the SLW site admin AND ebay & PayPal "Spoof" departments to have them investigate and at the very least shut down the $ deadbeat losers who had apparently hacked SLW's registration/email addresses data base... It would appear ebay and/or PayPal went after the losers, but as to how that effected the SLW servers themselves is anyone's guess...

KorbenD
08-12-2006, 03:15 PM
The site is back up. :D