PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please.

KiroAce
08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I just install LW8 on my Mac. When i render a frame, it renders normal
until the very end when it renders a checkerboard image at 10% over the
Frame. Does anyone know what might be causing this.
Thanks for your time.
KiroAce

dablan
08-11-2006, 08:08 AM
That's because you're working with a discovery edition.
Have you installed the dongle and associate drivers? The dongle the purple USB hardware key that came with the software.

ChrisPitts
08-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Dan is our resident superhero. Sometimes, the authorities show up just in time to see that the problem has mysteriously taken care of itsself.. :stumped:

Thanks, SuperDan! :D

:hijack:

BTW, Inside LW8 is great. When I first started working for NT, I'd never done 3D before. John, our tech manager, had a spare copy of your book lying around. We coupled that with my knowledge of general computer troubleshooting, to transform me into the superpowered, tech support talking car I am today.

Thanks for your work in the community.

Ok, you guys can have the thread back now. :D

dablan
08-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Awesome. Thanks Chris!

As a side note, we sent a few 3D Garage LightWave v9 courses down to Kurtis yesterday, so look for those.

ChrisPitts
08-11-2006, 08:59 AM
That's great! I'll have to steal a copy of those for tech. We get precious few moments of silence supporting both our 3D, and our video products, but when we do, the most fun part of my job is that I can play with Lightwave tutorials at work. :thumbsup:

KiroAce
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks alot, i thought i had it all figured out, guess not. I'll try to reinstall it again. Thanks.

KiroAce
08-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks.

ChrisPitts
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks.

That's why I make the big bucks! :thumbsup: